First build, Mk. VII 3d printed, asking for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichirukaprops

Hey all, New recruit here. I got into cosplay a few years ago and wanted to do a big armor set. Last year during quarantine I was gifted a couple of busted 3d printers. Luckily they only needed new beds and hot ends so I was able to fix them for around $150. During Do3d's Labor day sale I picked up the spartan Mk VII Halo infinite armor set for around $70. I'm using my Anet A8+ to print the under-suit parts in TPU since its direct drive. I'm printing the armor on my Ender 5+ in PLA+. So far I have printed both arms (forearms, elbow, bicep) picture attached of one of them.

It's slow going for now since I've spent most of my money on printer parts to fix and upgrade the printers and the files. I'm hoping to grab a sunlu 10 pack of PLA+ once I've earned enough through my affiliate link. Ideally I'd like to be done with the suit by Decembers launch of the game but we'll see. Anyone know any good side hustles to earn a couple hundred bucks?

Attachments

• IMG_20210913_184223_487.jpg
    IMG_20210913_184223_487.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 120
Hey all, New recruit here. I got into cosplay a few years ago and wanted to do a big armor set. Last year during quarantine I was gifted a couple of busted 3d printers. Luckily they only needed new beds and hot ends so I was able to fix them for around $150. During Do3d's Labor day sale I picked up the spartan Mk VII Halo infinite armor set for around $70. I'm using my Anet A8+ to print the under-suit parts in TPU since its direct drive. I'm printing the armor on my Ender 5+ in PLA+. So far I have printed both arms (forearms, elbow, bicep) picture attached of one of them.

It's slow going for now since I've spent most of my money on printer parts to fix and upgrade the printers and the files. I'm hoping to grab a sunlu 10 pack of PLA+ once I've earned enough through my affiliate link. Ideally I'd like to be done with the suit by Decembers launch of the game but we'll see. Anyone know any good side hustles to earn a couple hundred bucks?
Finishing by December is going to be a pretty aggressive schedule for printing and finishing a whole suit. On average you'll be looking at least a machine month of print time (longer depending on your settings) for the full armour. It's doable but you need to be constantly sanding and prepping parts as they come off the printbed. Have you thought of the under suit and rigging yet? How about the visor?

If you need a hand, there's a bunch of costume nerds here to answer questions. Good luck with your ten week sprint to costume completion!

Finishing by December is going to be a pretty aggressive schedule for printing and finishing a whole suit. On average you'll be looking at least a machine month of print time (longer depending on your settings) for the full armour. It's doable but you need to be constantly sanding and prepping parts as they come off the printbed. Have you thought of the under suit and rigging yet? How about the visor?

If you need a hand, there's a bunch of costume nerds here to answer questions. Good luck with your ten week sprint to costume completion!
I just got a case of filler primer so I'm going to be priming and sanding what I have done this weekend. I'll be starting the prints for the chest and back this week and planning on test rigging the upper body next weekend. I'm thinking of doing a morphsuit undersuit and sewing nylon webbing a parachute clips to that. I'll also start planning light, fan, and battery pack placement once the chest and back is all together. As for the visor, I have no idea where to start with it. was planning on looking through the forums once the helmet was printed mid October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back