First build

JackHedden

Hello everyone, I've had a little experience working with foam when I was little but never with eva. This was also the first time I ever tried to build armor. I started with the helmet because I figured if I could get the hardest part done first I would be ready for the rest. I think it came out pretty good, just need to get a visor worked out. I had some issues sanding trying to get it smooth on the seams. I used modeling foam to fill and I think that might have been a mistake. Non the less I'm fairly pleased. Any tips on the best thing to get a smoother finish ?
20200605_001116.jpg

Spiderboy196

Jr Member
looking good friend. love the helmet. maybe just maybe, get a dremel for the sanding purpose to help smooth the edges more. but other than that, keep up the work. im working on my security helmet atm.

LegacyAlloy227

That looks amazing! Like @Spiderboy196 said, you're gonna want to get a dremel for the sanding process. Dremels should really only be used for tight corners and edges. For the large surface areas, I would recommend high grit sand paper. 600 grit would be good. Be sure to keep us posted. That helmet is absolutely beautiful!