First Dual Visor Mkvi Helmet Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

artkrime

Well like many other I too have been lurking around for a while upon stumbling on here! and finally I am in! lol.. well this is my first MKVI MC helmet build from flying_squirl, pepped with 110 cardstock, resined, fiberglassed, bondo'd and battle damage painted. I have to say that without all the tutorials and info from everyone here I would have never been able to do any of this.

Well I finally got the visors in and cut out the shapes and heres what it looks like! although I have not secured the visors to the helmet, it seems to stay in place without any glue.

HALOHELMETwvisor004.jpg

HALOHELMETwvisor005.jpg

HALOHELMETwvisor006.jpg

That's nice and smooth. Good work on the paintjob. Can't wait to see you with a visor.

I'm assuming a double visor right?

The Stig said:
That's nice and smooth. Good work on the paintjob. Can't wait to see you with a visor.

I'm assuming a double visor right?

wouldn't settle for less :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: I finally ordered the dual visors.. so they should be here soon! :D and also picked up one of those toys r us plasma blasters! ;) let me know what you think, the rifle was re painted, red light panels changed to blue, LEDs changed to blue, new a barrel and added an led flashlight all connected to the original trigger.
ASSAULTRIFLE005.jpg

ASSAULTRIFLE006.jpg

ASSAULTRIFLE009.jpg

ASSAULTRIFLE008.jpg

artkrime said:
Update: I finally ordered the dual visors.. so they should be here soon! :D and also picked up one of those toys r us plasma blasters! ;) let me know what you think, the rifle was re painted, red light panels changed to blue, LEDs changed to blue, new a barrel and added an led flashlight all connected to the original trigger.
(images removed for quote sake)
I think the barrel is too long.
Awesome paint job though, and the mods sound like they took a little work.
Without further modification, the plasma blaster isn't very accurate, but you've certainly done a good job of making it look nice.
I also can't wait to see your helmet with dual visors. You did an awesome job for it being your first time!

Well, I finally got the visors in and installed, now I am just going to put a small fan inside to circulate the air. Pics are in the first post

Sean Bradley said:
Out of curiousity, did you use my dual visor tutorial? If so, was it helpful?

Absolutely! I used the template you had and printed it out full size, then masked everything up in painters tape. I then cut from the inside of visor and used a sanding bit to sand the edges. What I did to hold the two visors together was attach 3 screws and nuts spread out on the edges that are not visible, I did not fully read the tutorial you posted but I did base it off it and it was helpful. So, many thanks Sean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back