First Foam build H5 MC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic work! I still can't believe this is your first time building w/ foam!!! Slow progress or not.....still progress......and I know slow progress from first hand experience.......your doing much better than I am. Great job. Wish the pics were a bit clearer. Kind of dark but from what I see, smooth clean cuts, good seams, nice details. Well on your way to upper Tier status.

Put a little progression down. Tomorrow will be more. Dremal broke down :( so had to go out and buy another but would not look back! Love this new one! So went back to the front of the Chest sanding and smoothing all or any rough edges! Seams were good to me so didn't touch them.

View attachment 26445View attachment 26446

Then in for a new piece I started with the piece that goes between the jet pack just for a little work to get done today
View attachment 26447View attachment 26448
Used 6mm and 2 mm foam dor details other parts were raised or lowered accordingly. It seems small. But realized it'll fit fine where it's suppose to go! Tomorrow will tackle the jet packs and the rest of the backing in general!
what are you using to create the little cylinder bits on the chest? if the details aren't final, I would recommend using apoxie sculpt for those details. you can mold the clay like material into pretty much any shape, let it dry and glue it on.

Fantastic work! I still can't believe this is your first time building w/ foam!!! Slow progress or not.....still progress......and I know slow progress from first hand experience.......your doing much better than I am. Great job. Wish the pics were a bit clearer. Kind of dark but from what I see, smooth clean cuts, good seams, nice details. Well on your way to upper Tier status.
thanks man I appreciate it! I've been crazy busy this summer but hopefully I'll finish it up in roughly a month paint and all! I do each part 2-3 times to get it exactly how I want it to look haha. I already painted and distressed my helmet, forearms and shoulders. But no pictures of those yet :b my iPhone seems to make pictures weird when I post them I hate it.

what are you using to create the little cylinder bits on the chest? if the details aren't final, I would recommend using apoxie sculpt for those details. you can mold the clay like material into pretty much any shape, let it dry and glue it on.
for the little cylinder bits I was using a circular attachment for a drill I can take pictures later. It cuts the holes perfectly. Out of the 2mm sheets. And I'll look into that epoxy sculpt that sounds really handy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back