First Halo Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK43674

Hello all. Joined the forums a while back, and life kept me from looking further into doing this. I look forward to learning a new method for costuming. Currently spend my time as a Biker Scout or Stormtrooper, but want to learn more.

Thinking about a variant costume if it's allowed.

Thanks
Chris

Spartan Locke.JPG

I'm sorry I can't allow that. It's too bad@$$ when compared to my costume, and it'd make me look silly.

LOL

I'm sure there armory has something for ya if you dig around in there for a bit. Looking forward to seeing how this goes!

Hello Chris, and welcome to the 405th!

Allowed? Absolutely. Deployable? Now that's a different question. So it totally depends on your end goals. If you're looking to be part of a super fun community and learn a new skill while building cool Halo gear, you can build whatever Halo gear you'd like! If you're looking to eventually be deployed and a full costumed member of the 405th, your gear would need to be from an official Halo source. That leaves you with about a zillion options for builds that could be deployed. If this happens to be from an official source, you'd definitely have the option to deploy should you wish!

Totally up to you. While we are of course always going to encourage folks to build gear and get deployed, we have specifically created a category of full member that never has a deployed costume. We have room for all Halo fans here!

Thanks for the input. This is the Square Enix Spartan Locke action figure, so I really wasn't sure about the deploy-able aspect of this one.

This will be totally tubular (I'm bringing it back! ) to see walking around at a con! Do you already have an idea of how you're going to make it and what you're making it out of?

I haven't nailed down the final method yet. But a mix of eva and 3d printing is the direction I'm leaning towards. The undersuit is going to be tough.

Holy Hannah! That's a beautiful rig. I LOVE seeing the insides of gear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back