First Halo Wars wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecOpsSpartan

I will be posting my armor as time goes on.
IMG_20200717_153332917.jpg

Probably should have posted this first at the beginning. My son asked me a few years back to help him with his Halo armor to Cosplay in and we built it from Pepakura and Fiberglass. We have had a good time over the years with this armor. A year ago he asked me to build Armor for me so we can be in the DragonCon parade together and so he can look back and enjoy memories with his father. I said I would but it would have to be 3D printed as it has been my hobby for a few years. So I picked Moesizzlac Mark lV Assault armor because It looks like a wearable tank and it just looks so freaking awesome. This build has been a challenge trying to work on it in my spare time. I will post some photos from beginning of the build.

I meant more over, how did you decide where to slice the models to fit the print bed while making it easy for you to fix the seams.
Well, that's a good question. I manipulated the part in meshmixer to locate the flattest area that had the least depressions. That way gluing and post production like sanding would not be so difficult. Also, I had to consider how the cut part would sit on the build plate for optimum printing.

Well, that's a good question. I manipulated the part in meshmixer to locate the flattest area that had the least depressions. That way gluing and post production like sanding would not be so difficult. Also, I had to consider how the cut part would sit on the build plate for optimum printing.
Also I cut some scrap flat pieces and glued then to the back of the two parts so they can be joined inline with each other.

You've got some nice finishing skills there mate. Looking at that helmet in particular. Real smooth. let me know if anything needs to change in that armor. I think you are the first one to be printing it as far as I know.

You've got some nice finishing skills there mate. Looking at that helmet in particular. Real smooth. let me know if anything needs to change in that armor. I think you are the first one to be printing it as far as I know.
Thank you and Love your work. The only thing I'm having a problem with is getting the gold tint for the motorcycle visor I have fitted in the helmet. Regular window tint will not fit into the curves of the visor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back