first helmet pep(recon). now starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

THxPhantom

well i just printed out the pep for recon. time for trial and error and my first helm project. wish me luck. ill keep everyone posted on how the progress turns out.

I wish you luck! If you find any problems, ask questions. Beure not to use any glue other then hot glue or super glue. (No tapes!)

this is a picture of the base. im starting from the bottom---up. its the chin, jaw and neck area of the helm. its all ive got done withing a couple hours.

21oox3s.jpg

zwz6fp.jpg

294nm8p.jpg

more pics on the way. after i go to chattanooga state tomorrow. ill work on the mid section. let me know what you think so far. and be nice. remember this is my first pep helm. lol. oh and also. i scaled it right on my first attempt. it fits so far. lets hope it fits when its completed.

ive worked on it for a couple hours today and ive almost got the front, eyes and half of both sides done.
ill post some pics in a couple hours for more of the progress ive made.

sorry to keep you waiting. im almost finished with the helmet. just need to do the back on top and a little bit more of the sides and its complete. and the back isnt warped or crooked. i just have an extra piece already glued on the back left side. i just had to quit for the night cause i got to work in the morning. and heres some pictures of it for your viewing pleasure.

de4nyb.jpg

eqvy9w.jpg

I was going to be starting a helmet soon too(Noble 6) All I have made is Emile's kukri through the pep stage(first project ever)so I am just a tad nervous about something as big as a helmet with the scaling and whatnot but I will certainly give it a try once my plasma rifle is done.

Looking good so far, man. Just a friendly word of advice for future helmets. You may find it easier to start at the top of the helmet and assemble downward toward the brim. That way you are less likely to block yourself in (hard to get those tabs exactly right/ cant flex the paper enough to glue without crinkling it). That being said, looking real good.

thanks for all the positive comments everyone. and great news. the helmet is finally done! i want to keep you all in suspense so ill post pics in a couple of day once i do the touch up work. all thats left now is to AR(aqua resin) and FG(fiberglass) it. then paint it. and i do remember not to fiber glass the outside. so keep watching this thread for the recon helmet pics. it wont dissapoint.

and yes xXPH4N7OM...it must be a Phantom thing lol.

I was going to be starting a helmet soon too(Noble 6) All I have made is Emile's kukri through the pep stage(first project ever)so I am just a tad nervous about something as big as a helmet with the scaling and whatnot but I will certainly give it a try once my plasma rifle is done.

dont worry. just make sure you measure your head from top head to under chin. and side jaw to top head and add 2-6 inches on to that. theres also a formula you can find in the noob stickies. i think. someone correct me if im wrong and post the link for him. i did 5 extra inches and its perfect for me. but just take your time and dont rush. and use super glue or hot glue. NO TAPE. and from what i hear its best to start from the top down. and make sure you can look at the model while you assemble it. it makes it a lot easier to put together and figure out the folds. so good luck on your build.!!

im doing a full suit since i hear the helmet is the hardest, i was going to do that first.

Personally i think the torso is the hardest. At least if you do the Hi-def model (which i recommend since it saves time with bondo). Plus the torso is the biggest part of the suit, so it is also very time consuming. My 2 cents...

Personally i think the torso is the hardest. At least if you do the Hi-def model (which i recommend since it saves time with bondo). Plus the torso is the biggest part of the suit, so it is also very time consuming. My 2 cents...

i can see where that would be the hardest. i just think the helmet would be the hardest since its enclosed. but thats just our different views.

also can someone help me figure out the scale my shoulder pieces need to be. im 5'2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back