First Helmet Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phi 225

ive recently started a clone sniper helmet for my friend and wanted to keep you guys posted on

my progress so far.

here is the front of the helmet: [attachment=14006:DSCF0350.JPG]

a side view: [attachment=14009:DSCF0351.JPG]

and the back: [attachment=14010:DSCF0353.JPG]

Tell me how you like it so far. Feedback is wanted :)

I can't see the pictures. Try uploading them to photobucket or another photo-hosting site ;)

There's something up with the attachments, I can open them but just get redirected to a "You don't have permission" message, maybe try uploading them to the forum again or an image hosting site as GMer56 suggested.

In the meantime I dropped some Imageshack versions of the thumbnails in the first post so you've got something there :)

Scratch that, after editing the first post it seems they're working now...

What should i do? I resined the helmet but the resin remained stickey, i guess it was because i didnt add enough

hardener to it. i was wondering if i should just paint over it.

It looks good. As for the resin remaining sticky, I may be wrong, but I don't think there's anything you can do =(

It looks good though

sometimes the fiberglass resin takes time to cure when it is cold. i hate winter. give it a day or 2 and it should cure. the trick i found was a space heater and when i mix up resin i add the hardner twice. once, then mix and a little more then mix again. if you use molds , sit them in front of the space heaters before casting. not to close, rubber melts and fiberglass resin is flamible.

is that the beehive helmet??/ if it is congrats on taking on one tough bucket. look forward to seeing this one get done.

You can make a curing box ... the search box is your friend!, there are tuts (tutorials) about all of this throughout the forums.

Thanks guys i agree winter does suck so ill leave it for a week and check on it then. In the meantime i will try to post more pics

of the "sticky" helmet. And i have found out that polyfoam brushes fall apart while resining. lol :p

Ive got pictures!

[attachment=14063:DSCF0356.JPG]

[attachment=14064:DSCF0354.JPG]

[attachment=14065:DSCF0355.JPG]

you can see how the resin is pooling in certain areas :(

but on the bright side im going to re-resin it and hopefully see some improvment :)

also ill try to mold this helmet when its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back