first helmet tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

so yeah i want to start on my first helmet here out of foam any tips or tricks that would help please share thanks

Start simple. If you've never worked with foam before you might even want to start on another piece of armour or a prop just to understand how to form it and manipulate it.

One of the big challenges with helmets is getting the curvature correct and symmetrical so having a bit of practice with heat forming will make your life so much easier. On my ODST I started on the shins and worked up for example. Practice makes all the difference.

Lots of hotglue plenty of replacement blades. Like TurboCharizard stated start on something small and simple then slowly work your way up, one suggestion is to check out DFT on Youtube and check out his foam builds. EVAkura is another great foam armor smith. Be sure to take your time there will be times when nothing seems to fit together correctly or scaling is giving you trouble just take a break and come back to it. There are some really amazing foam builds here, take a look through them and kinda make note of what thickness of foam is used, tips and tricks that they use to help them with their builds. One thing that Helped me get some really 45 degree angle cuts was a neat little blue tool that was bought on amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back