First Reach armor build - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bariox416

Hello everyone! I've been a huge fan of Halo since I was young but never had the opportunity to play it until this year. And now the hype is stronger than ever!

I've done some sintra and 3D printing works before but foam is something new. I tried it a few years ago but never managed to make something cool. Maybe because I didn't have enough or the best tools to work with it. But now I've done some research and saved some money to get all the materials I need for this build.

The problem is that I still don't know which armor I'll make. Since I'm a noob I thought about an ODST using Andrew DFT's templates, which if I'm not wrong, are from Reach ODST armor. I've been following his work for years and his foam builds are incredible, also his ODST templates and tutorials are awesome. The helmet and some accesories would be 3D printed tho. I'm currently printing a full Clone Trooper armor from TCW and love how the pieces are turning out.

My other option would be a custom Reach armor. Made this desing with Vanity, and used armorsmith to see how would everything fit, and thought about making the big parts with foam and 3D printing the helment and some parts like the shoulders/biceps, accesories, weapons...

Vanity_637223049011675728.png

Screenshot.jpeg
Screenshot1.jpeg

Screenshot2.jpeg
Screenshot3.jpeg

Armorsmith colors aren't the accurate ones, I painted the armor to see how it would look like but the render doesn't look like the color I want at all. The scheme I would use is more likely the Vanity one.

Armor parts:
- Helmet: Mk VI
- Left shoulder: ODST
- Right shoulder: Commando
- Knees: Gungnir

I'm really excited to start this project! Please let me know which armor would you like to see and maybe that could help me decide!

Last edited:
Looks good dude. Remember that that lone wolf stuff stays behind, so feel free to ask us any questions about anything if you have any. Looking forward to seeing progress on this!

Thank you! I've finally decided to go for the Reach armor, started yesterday cutting the templates for the thigh. And I was wondering if there are templates for the under armor. I don't know how to call it lol, but these parts:

2020-04-13 (65)_LI.jpg

Also I thought about using 5mm foam for them but maybe you have a better idea. I've seen several people do it in different ways. The only thing I'm sure about is that NO sewing, since I saw some poeple make undersuits. I'm horrible at it so it's not an option for me lol

Thank you! I've finally decided to go for the Reach armor, started yesterday cutting the templates for the thigh. And I was wondering if there are templates for the under armor. I don't know how to call it lol, but these parts:

View attachment 288463

Also I thought about using 5mm foam for them but maybe you have a better idea. I've seen several people do it in different ways. The only thing I'm sure about is that NO sewing, since I saw some poeple make undersuits. I'm horrible at it so it's not an option for me lol
Sorry I didn't see your message til now. From what I know, the only things I've ever seen when it comes to actual templates for the undersuit are parts for the shoulder area where you've highlighted, but that was part of a model for the entire chest and lacked any detail (I don't even have those areas done on my Spartan). While I'm not completely certain, I don't think there would be any templates for those areas as its dimensions would differ from person to person. Those areas would be best freehanded according to what you can find, but my suit lacks a proper undersuit so idk for sure. Hope this helps and sorry again for the late reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back