First Robotics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan137

Who here is on a FIRST Robotics team?

I myself am on 1741 Red Alert Robotics from Greenwood, IN. I even went through the trouble of repainting my old helmet!

025.jpg

028-1.jpg

I was kinda the official mascot of 1741, and the character was called SPARTAN-1741. I walk around wearing football pads, a 3XL team shirt, and gloves. The result was a lotta pictures!

We just went to the Chicago UIC Regional, where did ok, but not particularly good. Our robots program got hosed, so we lost practice time, which caused us to not get any practice on our moonrock throwing device. But we made it to finals, and we had a good time of it!

Tell your story!

Sweet! Someone else like me! Yeah I am the team captain of Team Implosion Team 2484 here in Utah. We are one of only 4 teams in Utah which kind of stinks, but we make due with what we have. I started the team at my school 2 years ago and this year will be our team's 2nd year competing. We go to the Las Vegas Regional. I don't know what else to say besides I wish I had a Spartan Costume like you did for our team, but it is still a work in progress :p

Back when I was in highschool I was on team 484 Haverford High school. That was back in 2001-2004.

Team 2660 Pengbots, yeah i know the names a little odd but i wasnt in the naming commitee. ive been just an overall problem solver for the team figuring out solutions that they can't figure out and fixing them myself. i did some of the emergency solutions for problems, we barely got ours finished. probably see you guys in the tournament later this month.

unholykey said:
Team 2660 Pengbots, yeah i know the names a little odd but i wasnt in the naming commitee. ive been just an overall problem solver for the team figuring out solutions that they can't figure out and fixing them myself. i did some of the emergency solutions for problems, we barely got ours finished. probably see you guys in the tournament later this month.

Next one we're going to the Purdue Regional. You going to that one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on Red Alert 1741, same as Spartan137. I wore the helmet for about ten seconds and got a ton of compliments and i also got a lot of "Holy sh*t a girl spartan" which I found rather funny. It was also pretty cool to walk around and say i was dating a spartan! (all the other girls were jealous) :love:

I think FIRST is a great program and teaches you to be a better problem solver. Plus i just love being a part of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back