Status
Not open for further replies.

TillXValhalla

So ive done a few builds before. My first one was a Halo 3 ODST. It was rather lack luster and was my first one for Stan Lee's Comikazi expo back in 2013, A space Marine from Warhammer 40k, and i have revisited the the ODST to give it the justice it deserved. Now im looking to upgrade a bit. Maybe step out of my comfort zone of using foam in favor of a pep build. Much like Buck evolved form an ODST to a Spartan i would like to do the same. I have found the Files on hand for the Helljumper in the armory but the only one they have for pep is the helmet. Does any one have an idea of where i may find the rest of the suit as pep? All info would greatly appreciated. As always feet first!

11703216_855189721218187_4079194813223968003_n.jpg

19667692_1488485801221906_3458742190766219867_o.jpg

image.jpg

image1.jpg

welcome to the 405th. I’m on my phone so I can’t really get all the right functions so I’ll just tell you where to get the files you need. In the armory do a search for helljumper and there you will find everything you need. The file contains pep and foam files so you will have to pick out what you need. Good luck and happy building.

welcome to the 405th. I’m on my phone so I can’t really get all the right functions so I’ll just tell you where to get the files you need. In the armory do a search for helljumper and there you will find everything you need. The file contains pep and foam files so you will have to pick out what you need. Good luck and happy building.
Even if this is done the only pepakura file that isnt foam is just the helmet. 2 results show up. the original is just textures and the other has the foam helmet chest and full armour and one pep that doesnt say foam and thats the helmet. The pep im currently working on. Its not that I am worried about making it out of foam vs pep its just that all my builds have ever been made out of foam and was wanting to step out of my comfort zone.

Nice start.... your pep looks pretty clean. Hey progress is progress as little as it may be. I’ve come to learn that with this hobby!! Look forward to seeing this build completed. Your first ODST came out great as a first build.

Nice start.... your pep looks pretty clean. Hey progress is progress as little as it may be. I’ve come to learn that with this hobby!! Look forward to seeing this build completed. Your first ODST came out great as a first build.
Thanks alot. All my costumes are usually done during crunch time. It's a little strange for me to take my time like this but I'm hoping it produces a better product.

Alright ladies and gents, unfortunatly life happened and I clearly never finished my buck cosplay. Last year's project turned Into a 40k ork boy. But I am coming back to revisy the odst and make a movie quality and that's what this thread will evolve into.

So 2 thickness of foam picked up. The normal floor mats and a thinner role of Eva that us the new Michaels brand. Gonna see if it is easily manipulated for the more curved pieces. Any one have experience with this foam? Last thing to do before starting is downgrading my Mac from Catalina so I can use pepakura again.

So 2 thickness of foam picked up. The normal floor mats and a thinner role of Eva that us the new Michaels brand. Gonna see if it is easily manipulated for the more curved pieces. Any one have experience with this foam? Last thing to do before starting is downgrading my Mac from Catalina so I can use pepakura again.

Use a heat gun to help shape the foam and always use nice and sharp blades i recommend the craft/box cutter knife with the Snap blades. I recommend using a contact cement to join seams and pieces and hot glue for the straps and such contact cement is much easier to help you line up and give a stronger more lasting hold and is easier to work with. Watch Kamui cosplay, Evil ted smith, and punished props on YouTube for more help with armor builds and Andrew DFT for weapon builds.

Alright lady's and gentleman I have come back from the dead and while at work was able to get my sniper template built and ready to go. The armor its self has to get put on hold as i have no way to access pepakura at the moment and can't convert the PDO files. So I figured I'd get this thing started. Expect progress pics Monday or Tuesday.

Attachments

• 20200905_235738.jpg
    20200905_235738.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 228
Going with the sniper? I though Buck favored the shotty in Halo 5? Look forward to the progress
So thr build has changed from spartan hell jumper build to an attempt at a movie quality ODST build. The sniper was one of the weapons that seemed to be one i could make to that quality. But we will see what happens. Buck is still on the table for a future project

So today was the first day i was able to actually sit down and work on the sniper. Was going to get alot more done today but discovered all the sanding bits for my dremmel have gone missing. No worries just pushed on and cut all the pieces for the main frame of the body.

The inner layer of the body. The metal strips were a place holder for the reinforcing of the build but its going to get swapped out for a dowl rod

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    879.8 KB · Views: 207
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    844.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    843.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg