Soft Parts first time armor here so what would make a good undersuite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i have no idea what to use so if you have any tips do tell

There is so many tips under the New Recruits section that if you just picked a random thread and skimmed through you're bound to learn something new! Everyone has their own style and way of doing things which is a great way of learning different processes and getting a perspective on how other people think through the common prop building problems. No method is "correct" since there's lots of ways to skin a cat, some methods are just more efficient and some might be better suited to your tools, workspace and experience. Poke around, do some reading and ask questions on threads to get insight on why people are doing things certain ways and you'll build that cosplay knowledge crazy fast.

If you want the cliff notes version of a few of the more common approaches check out the Tutorials Index because there's just so many different things there!

Also, what sort of crafting have you done before and what kind of costume do you want to make?

There is so many tips under the New Recruits section that if you just picked a random thread and skimmed through you're bound to learn something new! Everyone has their own style and way of doing things which is a great way of learning different processes and getting a perspective on how other people think through the common prop building problems. No method is "correct" since there's lots of ways to skin a cat, some methods are just more efficient and some might be better suited to your tools, workspace and experience. Poke around, do some reading and ask questions on threads to get insight on why people are doing things certain ways and you'll build that cosplay knowledge crazy fast.

If you want the cliff notes version of a few of the more common approaches check out the Tutorials Index because there's just so many different things there!

Also, what sort of crafting have you done before and what kind of costume do you want to make?

0852 A lot of folks use black spandex lycra for undersuits and embellish those or they get a dye sublimated print from Zentai or Herostime. It really all depends mostly upon which armor set you intend to use and from which Game?
Also i would search for these subjects on the forum and engage in the conversations there as long as they aren't old dead threads that non one has posted on in a while.

This is great advice. the tutorials are all on point and help a noob like myself out a ton. I'll add to this as well, there are tons of tutorials but like Turbo said, there are a lot of methods. For the soft parts, one thing I gained a lot from is understanding fabric paint and dye. I was surprised to learn that you can actually dye some plastics and certain materials require specific types of paint and dye to get the most out of it. If I can find the articles I am referring to I'll come back and link them.

Edit: The guide is in this best fabric paint article. There is a fabric dye guide on that site as well. Both were super helpful but the painting one was most useful as I dont often need to full on dye stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back