First time cosplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir HappyBear I

Hello there! I'm going to start working on my own ODST armor. I'm going to make it out of EVA Foam but i have no idea where i can get EVA Foam. I'm from belgium but i don't know a good store where i can get it. So if any of you know a good online shop where they sell eva foam i would be most gratefull!

One online store would be cosplayshop.be. Their high density foam isn't exactly cheap, but I found it to be quite good. You can also look at different sporting goods and Hardware stores to see if they have foam floor mats. In Germany I could only find them in one sports store in my city. It seams to be a bit more difficult to find it in europe than in america.

One online store would be cosplayshop.be. Their high density foam isn't exactly cheap, but I found it to be quite good. You can also look at different sporting goods and Hardware stores to see if they have foam floor mats. In Germany I could only find them in one sports store in my city. It seams to be a bit more difficult to find it in europe than in america.
Yea i know cosplayshop.be, but they are pretty expensive, i'm looking for something s but cheaper since it's going to be my first cosplay

You can also look for floormats on amazon. With a little bit of searching you should be able to find some for about 10-15€ per 1m squared. I used about 3m2 so far for my costume and will probably need about 4m2. For the most part I use floor mats and 5mm for small details and thinn pieces.

You can also look for floormats on amazon. With a little bit of searching you should be able to find some for about 10-15€ per 1m squared. I used about 3m2 so far for my costume and will probably need about 4m2. For the most part I use floor mats and 5mm for small details and thinn pieces.
How big should the floormats be atleast? I've seen a lot that are only 30×30cm

I also got the 30x30 ones. If you don't have huge pieces that can't be made from individual smaller pieces, they should be fine. If you print the templates on A4 size paper, they should all fit without a problem.

Welcome Sir HappyBear I !
Here's a discussion I had once about different typs of foam, hope it helps:

Welcome Sir HappyBear I !
Here's a discussion I had once about different typs of foam, hope it helps:
We really should just get a foam comparison thread at this point haha, but alas, effort

We really should just get a foam comparison thread at this point haha, but alas, effort
Just let me find my notes. Had a post like this planned awhile back and just never got it up.

Just let me find my notes. Had a post like this planned awhile back and just never got it up.
Don't forget to look at thefoamfactory.com the pricing there is very reasonable and has smooth both sides on foam rolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back