First Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

adeafblindman

i was wanting to make an odst costume to make movies. ive been looking on the forms and there are serveral ways of makeing it. i was wonder what are the commen mistakes people make when makeing a costume. i have never made a costume before but my grandpa is a carpender and im going to ask him to help me.

adeafblindman said:
i was wanting to make an odst costume to make movies. ive been looking on the forms and there are serveral ways of makeing it. i was wonder what are the commen mistakes people make when makeing a costume. i have never made a costume before but my grandpa is a carpender and im going to ask him to help me.

Common mistakes are, but not limited to fiberglassing the outside instead of just the inside, measurement problems Xtreme TACTICS 101 goes over that, also using anything but 110 lb. cardstock paper. Thats about all I can think of actually, I'm sure someone else will have more to add though. Hope this helps. ;) Edit: Also I've heard if your resin isn't curing and it's gunky add baby powder. I found the youtube vid that helped me alot when I first started, it goes over your settings in pepakura, enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
adeafblindman said:

as far as pepakura is concerned..based on my experience the common mistake i made was the scaling... i never get it right up until now... that's why i have to adjust my pieces after its been pepped...

if you're gonna use fiberglass, common mistake there was not too much hardener for the resin to cure.... but then again it'll cure but it just needs more time than usual...

Last edited by a moderator:
also make sure that your piece of armor is well reinforced, the resin might warp it. And also the hazards that come with resin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back