Soft Parts Flex Seal Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had thought about that as well, but the fact that Flex Seal is more expensive than Plasti-Dip, and I don't need my armor to be waterproof, I decided against it. It would probably work quite well, but then again so does Plasti-Dip.

You can buy products like this, non-aerosolized, just like Plasti-Dip comes in aerosol or liquid, in gallons much cheaper than the amount have to pay for the same amount of Flex Seal brand stuff. Keep in mind, anything that is aerosolized is going to have a large volume of propellant compared to actual material. None of them(even Plasti-Dip) are cost effective compared to their liquid equivalents.

Funny that I read this the day after using flex seal to repair our AC unit in our addic, unlike plastidip, flexseal sprays on very very thick and goops up, and the spray is extremely toxic and horrible to breath (I had to wear a respirator) nearly 2x worse then fiber glassing. It also takes nearly 3 hours to completely dry...

I've used both products and Infact I've painted the whole top of my car with plastidip before I even knew that people use it to seal foam armor! Your best bet is to stick with the plastidip man!

O And quick question? When you say "an easier accessible alternative" what to you mean because they sell plastidip at alot of hardware stores, home depo, lowes, ace I believe as well... Pretty easy to come buy and reasonably priced?

Ace sells Plasti-Dip

13273 Red brush on 14.5 oz $9.99

13274 Yellow brush on 14.5 oz $9.99

13275 Black brush on 14.5 oz $9.99

18824 Blue brush on 14.5 oz $9.99

19506 White spray can 11 oz $8.99

19507 Black spray can 11 oz $8.99

19509 Clear spray can 11 oz $8.99

1381235 Clear brush on 22 oz $22.99

1381318 Make your own color brush on 22 oz $22.99 (Comes with red, yellow, black, blue and white color tints)

Those are the Ace Hardware stock numbers. All should be available on www.acehardware.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back