Floating geometry for costuming files

Discussion in 'Halo 3D Modeling' started by Darq, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Darq

Darq New Member

I've been playing about with pepakura and working on a few helmets and various armor pieces to get some experience before i finally go all out and do a full build.
    Most of the files have the details built into a single mesh, which can make for some interesting cutting and gluing. Is there any reason to not use floating geometry/parts that would glue onto the base mesh/armor?
    1I hope I'm explaining this correctly
    flat.JPG Float.JPG

First pic is base an send would be with floating geometry.
    Sorry about the wonky looking model. It's in the concepting phase

2. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Member

If that is a face, the only difference I see is the bridge of the nose. If this is just pepakura, I see no real reason why you can't use the floating geometry and glue it on later.

3. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke RXO 405th Regiment Officer

If it is pepped and resined all in one piece it is stronger, so that is preferred. Many files have floating pieces, it is not a problem. Anyone who's assembled one should know that they just need to attach it before hardening.

4. Darq

Darq New Member

"If it is pepped and resined all in one piece it is stronger," Hadn't thought of that.
    I have seen some with Small floating geometry. but not many.

5. Darq

Darq New Member

Yes MoeSizzlac, that is a face.
    Here's what she looks like. I'd love to unfold and share some of my stuff and some halo 5 armors.
    12308130_1017258421628771_7516658259119062377_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.jpg