Flood Fan Film (I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloodHunter

So, as the title says, this thread will cover everything connected to the fan film which I'm currently working on with few friends.

How it started?
-About a year ago I was playing Halo Reach, Halo 3 and Halo 4 with my classmate and after that, he said that we should totally make a film about flood, but he didn't know how. Than I saw hiddenxperia's videos about armors designed to counter flood and what happens if spartan gets infected. It just gave me so many ideas and the story began to write itself.

Story

The story is based between Halo 3 and Halo 4 and follows a story of 4-men Spartan Flood Containment Fireteam which was deployed to base on Delta Halo to stop small outbreak but it didn't exactly go as planned.

Art style

Because the story is based between Halo 3 and 4 I can use things I love from both Bungie and 343 art styles

eg. Halo 3 Marines, Halo 4 Hazops

and since UNSC has a truce with the Covenant it opens many possibilities for custom weapons for spartans.

Lore explanation?

In Halo 4 Lasky says that they established pemanent bases on instalation 03 and 05, so for me at least it makes sense that on instalation 05 they'be built flood research facility.

Plans for characters

Flood Containment Fireteam

Every spec ops team needs:

-Leader
-Technician
-Demolition Expert
-Heavy (or sniper but in case of fighting flood, sniper isn't that useful)

Base staff
-Marines
-Facility Administrator
-Scientist

Flood
just flood

and Del Rio but a little bit more similar to Holand in Reach

Build(s)

-4 Gen 2 Hazop, there is separete thread for only one Hazop - my personal, which will be also used for this film and there isn't much sense for showing other 3 before painting.

Their Weapons:

-Leader - SAW or UNSC version of Covenant Plasma Repeater + Energy Sword
-Technician - DMR
-Demolition Expert - Shotgun
-Heavy - Sentinel Beam that he ripped off from malfunctioning sentinel (there is also a story about that and many other stuff, maybe a prequel one day?)

-3 Halo 3 Marines with Halo 4 MA5D's

-At least 3 Scentist (similar to those we saw aboard Infinity)

-Some flood related stuff

Status

Build has begun
Story is almost completed, characters just need to be a little bit more interesting
Need to locate places that will match ones in the story (it's hard to find something similar to a research base)

and... I think it's all for now but every suggestion, idea, any feedback would be very appreciated.

Heck yea! I'm up for a Halo horror movie. I'm guessing this is related to the previous fan film thread you started?
Are you looking to add a bit of comedy/light-heartedness in the film, or keep it completely serious? That can shape your characters.

Heck yea! I'm up for a Halo horror movie. I'm guessing this is related to the previous fan film thread you started?
Are you looking to add a bit of comedy/light-heartedness in the film, or keep it completely serious? That can shape your characters.

Other tread just covers my own personal Hazop build which will be used in this film. I think it will be more seriours one with horror elements.

But about these horror elements... how a story about 4 highly trained, badass super soldiers can turn into horror... I see only one way, and I think you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back