Flyerfye's Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
GiR3892 said:
awesome plasma pistols there flyerfly are they the laser tag ones?

Yes indeedy! The cheap versions, not the $70 each ones. Saw these were discontinued, figured if I was ever going to pick up some plasma pistols, this was the time. The sound on them is sort of... weird. The single shot sounds terrible, but the charge up is actually pretty nice sounding. Haven't tried the actual laser tag with them, I don't have enough AA batteries...

Last edited by a moderator:
Flyerfye said:
Yes indeedy! The cheap versions, not the $70 each ones. Saw these were discontinued, figured if I was ever going to pick up some plasma pistols, this was the time. The sound on them is sort of... weird. The single shot sounds terrible, but the charge up is actually pretty nice sounding. Haven't tried the actual laser tag with them, I don't have enough AA batteries...

hahaha its a nice collection to keep though are you eventually getting those plasma rifles there pretty big and awesome good luck with your armour im sure it'll turn out really awesome

GiR3892 said:
hahaha its a nice collection to keep though are you eventually getting those plasma rifles there pretty big and awesome good luck with your armour im sure it'll turn out really awesome

Thanks! I'm really considering getting one of the plasma rifles. Too bad they cost a nice chunk of change. What I really want is a needler, but I know I'd have to build it myself. :p

I saw those Plasma pistols on amazon the other day and went..."Whaaaaaa??????? 2 plasmas for 30 bucks?" i might just have to get myself a pair too...

5N0WM4N said:
I saw those Plasma pistols on amazon the other day and went..."Whaaaaaa??????? 2 plasmas for 30 bucks?" i might just have to get myself a pair too...

I'd say go for it, they're actually surprisingly nice for the price. And they're not being manufactured anymore, so once they're gone, they're gone!

Edit: Oh hey, when did I get moved out of the noob section? Not sure I deserve it yet based on my progress, but technically I'm no longer a noob, I suppose.

Double edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I resined about half of the outside of my helmet last night. Pics later, some of it isn't dry after a full day, so I've gotta fix that. Ugh. Cold weather is annoying.

Keep up the good work. Looks awsome so far. I've printed the helmet but havn't got around to building it yet as I still havn't finished my master chief costume yet.

heres another cheap ready made option like the plasma guns. at home depot there were these containers, they were like craft supplies and screws containers, pretty small, about 4 or 5 dollars each but they look basically the same as a flame grenade! I couldnt find the real one that i have, Heres a link to a smaller one so you can see the shaping of the top and bottom (close to the flame grenade already) just need to get a black top instead of a blue top one and fill the inside with neon orange stuff and youre good to go

That's cool, I don't really have any plans to build the ol' lava can right now though. As for what you could put in it... ORANGE JELL-O! Yum.

Anyway, for those of you out there actually paying attention (ha! yeah right), I haven't been working on this armor for several reasons, the most important of which is that I've had the opportunity (and the funds) to purchase something that RHYMES WITH "Tron madly show me best tea farmer bit". More on that when it gets here. Also it's raining outside, and I haven't had a chance to go to the hardware store to set up a curing box/heaters / rainproof work area.

Adam Anderson said:
its been almost 10 days. have you gotten anything done on the weapons? just curious.

I'm gonna be honest. Nope! Real life took a dump on my desk (things I get paid to work on take first priority), And it's been cold and WET here, so I can't do any resin/bondo/paint work. I could keep making excuses, but I'm just gonna leave it at "no progress" because I'm sure you all don't want to hear about my life. :pBut I will update this thread once I get a chance to get anything worthwhile done.

Wow, you're really good at this! That helmet is a really nice pep. Where did you get that gauntlet though? Out of all the ones I've seen I really like that one.

alecgates15 said:
Wow, you're really good at this! That helmet is a really nice pep. Where did you get that gauntlet though? Out of all the ones I've seen I really like that one.

Thanks! And sorry, I honestly don't remember anymore. The model was made by Crackhead09, past that I have no idea. Hope you can track it down.

po3saucez said:
any progress on the armor yet?

if not i understand lol our state sucks on weather right now

No bloody kidding, it's 28 Farenheit at my place (at 3 in the afternoon, by the way). Not good weather for much of anything. My ODST is currently the very last thing on my to-do list, there's just been a lot going on over here since it's the holidays, and, well, I won't be doing much more on the armor anytime soon, just because of a certain purchase I made a bit ago that should be arriving at some point here. And for the weapons, I haven't had the time to draw up plans for any of my modifications in CAD, hopefully I'll be able to get to that one of these evenings after work.

I know I haven't been around the forums much lately, haven't had any time to browse at work now, really missing everything going on around here! I'll probably make a nice big post once Sean has time to ship out my armor, but don't hold your breath, anyone.

yeah, its about in the forties where i live now, NO tempature resin should be applied at. hope you can continue, but unless you move to florida i don't see progress happening until AFTER the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back