FlyinPhil finally has a second costume.... Welcome to Silent Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyinPhil

Hey guys! So I don't have time to upload my build progress at the moment, but I'll be sure to upload some wip pics later this week. I'm just super stoked to share my recently completed Pyramid head. It is the movie variation of the character, and I did my very best to make it screen accurate. Thanks for looking!
image.jpeg

WOW looks cool!!! From what I remember of the movie, he had scars crisscrossing his chest and arms.....speaking of which, his was a lot bigger.......Like 3 times your size but I'm just saying.......

Dirtdives I'll definitely be adding some body paint and artificial scarring when I wear this to cons or photoshoots! I was just stoked to try it on after finishing all of the parts!

And yep, I'm fairly fit, but can't quite afford the steroids to make my body perfectly canon to the original character hahaha

I have never played the Silent Hill games. I did hear that Pyramid head has a thing for the freaky nurses. Maybe drag around a nurse dummy?

image.jpeg
I have never played the Silent Hill games. I did hear that Pyramid head has a thing for the freaky nurses. Maybe drag around a nurse dummy?

Girlfriend is dressing up as a nurse. We are still working on it, but here it is at the moment.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

So the pics are a little wonky in order, but you get the idea haha. The best part was painting and rusting the helmet. I took iron filings from my shop (I do a lot of welding and steel work), and sprinkled them on as I spray painted it. After the paint dried, I sprayed the whole thing with a solution of water, salt, hydrogen peroxide, and vinegar. This speeds up the oxidation process, and you can make it look pretty cool over the course of a day or two.

WOW looks cool!!! From what I remember of the movie, he had scars crisscrossing his chest and arms.....speaking of which, his was a lot bigger.......Like 3 times your size but I'm just saying.......
I would, but the knife is heavy enough as it is. I think it's only around 20 pounds or so, but lifting it from the hilt takes some strength. It would be a little too unruly to have both arms full! I have been keeping an eye out for a body prop for photo sessions though.

Last edited:
20lb MDF knife, yeah, I believe it. My BR55HB clocks in at 10lbs and is no fun to haul around for a full day while in armour.

Have you looked into a MDF skeleton with XPS foam cladding and then hardened with a resin to keep weight down?

Or cast it with Feather Light resin? Half the weight as normal resin.

20lb MDF knife, yeah, I believe it. My BR55HB clocks in at 10lbs and is no fun to haul around for a full day while in armour.

Have you looked into a MDF skeleton with XPS foam cladding and then hardened with a resin to keep weight down?

I actually embedded a chunk of steel near the end of the bald when I coated it with polyester resin, so I'll be able to drag it around no problem. Just hoisting it up for pictures will probably drain me by the end of the day (and keep dem arm muscles pumped haha) Also, with the blade over 7 feet long (I'm 6'7" bare foot, for scale), it would cost a boatload to make a mold that large.

Epsilon Pro doesn't need anything added on to cover it. It is the outer shell since it hardens the surface of XPS and EPS foams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back