Foam armor sealer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unity

hello ,

Quick question to anyone who can answer. I do not have plasti-dip to seal my foam ODST parts and I dont have enough time between now and HALOween to order any. Would spray polyurethane work to seal it? Thanks!

Jacob

You should grab a small scrap piece and give it a shot. It won't hurt to try. I personally don't know though.:)

Reading a few topics, I have seen some people use "mod podge" which is a glue sealant used for many crafts, I personally haven't used it for my build I used Plasti-dip, but from what I read it works just as well possibly better, and since it is glue I couldn't see it taking too long to dry. It can be found at most arts and crafts stores.

only thing is use is plasti-dip as well you shouldnt have to order it they sale it a lowes and home dept

Latex paint should also work. It may take a few coats, but it will seal it and have the color you want.

If you have an Ace Hardware nearby, I know they sell the spray cans of Plasti-Dip. Multiple colors, and about $6 a can.

-Matt

Thanks guys! I tried some Krylon Crystal Clear and it worked well . I will be heading to Home Depot tomorrow to look for some. Thanks!

Jacob

I got 2 cans last night at Home Depot ! Now , does anyone know where I can get some gold tint for my visor? lol

It is easier to get a motorcycle visor. If you can't get that, go to a window tint shop and ask if they have any scrap pieces of the color you want. If you are lucky, they might not even charge you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back