Foam Board Build MC Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work so far DD. I used the same pep template for my helmet and added details with cardboard. I didn't use fibreglass or resin to strengthen mine, I used paper mache and wood glue instead.
For the brim you could make some card/fibre board struts? Or maybe use the cotton strips/wood glue 'fibre glass' method as it might be easier to place into the recess?

Getting the glass in the brim sucks. I just poured some resin down in to it and used a brush to smear it around then shoved some glass mat in, then poured more resin in, then reached in and pushed it around till I thought it was good. I'm not not sure if there is some magical way to do it, but I'm all ears if there is! Looking good though, keep it up!

Thanks for the tip guys. I have used the paper mache / wood glue method before but I never had to attach a visor to that. Not sure how it would hold. Fiberglass at least has enough strength to hold clips on the inside to secure the visor which is what I'm thinking about to be able to swap out visors. I may just go the wood glue mache exterior route though. It is too cold to work outside right now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back