Foam Halo Reach Spartan Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dire

Sr Member
Hey guys, so been working on my build for a month now and decided to post some pics and see what you guys think. All thanks to 405th's files and hopefully have it sealed and painted and wearing it at Dragon Con.

So far I gave both boots done, both of my shins dones with the para knee pieces, both thighs done, and currently deciding on the soft case attachment or hard case, also have the waist completed, both forearms and probably going to have the assault shotgun wrist attachment and make the shells out of worbla or something,dont know yet, hell might even shoot some shotguns and use the empties, just not sure if they will be "accepted" at the con. Got both shoulders done with left shoulder having the Mk. V attachment and the right shoulder will have the security attachment, minus the kukri knife(or however you spell that) also working on that and probable do a similar paint job like Emile except not red, don't know yet, also purchaseda raw helmet Mk. V B kit off of etsy from a shop named Icon Props, really like that helmet use in game every time. They have from what I can tell really nice casts, it took hardly any effort to clean it up. I don't have my chest completed and deciding on what attachment and will be working on the knife as well.

That was a little lengthy, the pictures will be next, and it's quite a few pics.

20180810_151636.jpg
20180810_151639.jpg
20180810_151628.jpg
20180810_151633.jpg

So my halo reach boots a lot of trial and error until I got the sizing down. Next I will post my shins.

And here are my shins, the default size of the pepakura files I used were a perfect fit. I guess posting the thighs are next.

So these are the thighs, funny story so I had quite the success with the shins being the correct size the first time so I figure the thighs would be the same, made just one in case, turned out to look like "daisy dukes" so resized and made some modifications to make these fit way better. And here comes the waist armor, really proud of this one!

Here is my waist armor, I just printed out the "braces" off the pepakura file until it was as wide as my waist got a nice tailored fit. Also really love, LOVE rubber contact cement the seams you get is just amazing, down side I can only glue it up outside because of those fumes from it, but so worth it man. Also would post my chest piece after this one but it is still a work in progress guys, but I will post it once it is built so I will post the forearms!

Here are my forearms, so I used 10mm, 6mm, and 2mm foam to make these, reason being my forearm is pretty beefy and couldn't fit my forearm through a 10mm crafted forearm so used 6mm on the inner forearm and 10mm for the outer for extra oooomf for impacts and will be using the assault breacher wrist attachment on the left arm, working on it after this, and will naturally upload it afterwards. Next up are the shoulders!

My shoulders, the left has the Mk. V attachment and the right one is default for now until I get the security attachment built. The helmet will be next

Last edited:
Here is my Mk. V B helmet, I did not make this, I purchased this off of etsy from a shop called Icon Props, they have some nice, nice casts, my cast required very little sanding and filling to get it to paint ready stage, the visor also is a vacuum form from Icon Props as well, well worth it just accents the helmet! Anyway feel free to comment on anything I will be posting every few hours to a day with new progress.

Keep creating and building guys!

Last edited:
Yeah? I'm still at the frustrated stage. Yours looks amazing, though. Makes me think I need to up my game tremendously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back