Foam Iron Man Mk 7 WIP (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi! So as this title points out, I will be making a Mk 7 iron man suit. I will be taking my time and trying to do my best foam work, as the deadline for this is next year. Ive been making costumes since 2007 and I was only about 10 years old. I am now 16, in High school, and have developed some pretty good techniques. I am a long time lurker here and usually don't post build threads, but I thought, what better way to encourage me than other people telling me how to improve!

The files I am using are Darkside501st's and they can be found HERE
I understand that he is making version 2 files, and I wish I was on that list for early testers. As for now, I will be modifying his v1 files to make them somewhat more accurate.

I have currently made the lower forearm, the hand plate, and part of the glove (I used the modified one in Darkside501st's post)

Pics:
The forearm and handplate are made with 1/2 inch floor mats while the palm is made with 6 mm
Forearm
dsc_0050.jpg

Attempted to make this flip up
dsc_0053.jpg

The size is a little tight, so I put some Velcro underneath to make it seem seamless
dsc_0055.jpg

dsc_0056.jpg

The handplate and gauntlet are attached together already, to make it more accurate to some of the pictures ive seen
dsc_0057.jpg

simply added a small hinge so it doesn't hinder my wrist
dsc_0058.jpg

I plan on finding a small silly sting can and finding a way to make it shoot from the gauntlet so I can be entertaining at some football games as we usually have a costume theme each year. I am using foam board as the hinges right now, and I plan on replacing it with metal later. It isn't as important as of now.
dsc_0059.jpg

The Palm was so tedious to make. I only printed the pieces on the outside and I made my own to go between the parts (if that makes any sense)
dsc_0051.jpg

I used 6 mm foam for the palm, and I trimmed some of the edges at the top so my fingers can have more freedom
dsc_0052.jpg

just barely slides onto my hand so I don't need to create a separation point
dsc_0060.jpg

dsc_0061.jpg

The handplate restricts me from going all the way up to a 90 degree angle with my wrist, but I really don't mind
dsc_0064.jpg

dsc_0066.jpg

All this is as of now, prototyping, I may not use these pieces as I know the v2 files will be coming soon, but They help me understand where the moving pieces are and where I should be careful when im cutting the pieces out. Will update soon!

Questions, comments, criticisms, and tips are all welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back