Props Foam & Pvc Missile Pod build (PICS)

Just started up a new prop. Trying a missile pod this time. It will be about 65" long, by 22" wide. Made out of 4" pvc pipe with some 1/2' foam mat glued on the pvc pipe to make it bigger. The main body is made out of cardboard, and foam.
missilepod001.jpg

missilepod003.jpg

missilepod005.jpg

Spitfire22V

Wow, cool! I'm sure this is going to be awesome. Got any more pics of the outside? Also, I love how you're using the discarded puzzle piece edges to reinforce the joints (if that is indeed what it is).

NayrDeath

LOL for a moment I was all "Wtf?! That's my work table!!" but apparently I'm not the only one who favors those colors! The missle pod looks awesome, keep it up, I can't wait to see it when it's finished!! :)

SpartanRogue1

That's a great use of EVA foam. I'm loving this so far! How much do you think it will weigh when it's done? Keep it up, I'll be watching this thread with a lot of interest.

Nintendude

Keep on going I'm eager to see how it turns out I wanted to make one myself the way you are doing it but never got started. The tube's on each end need to be a bit shorter especially the one on the back.

Keep on going I'm eager to see how it turns out I wanted to make one myself the way you are doing it but never got started. The tube's on each end need to be a bit shorter especially the one on the back.
Working on the handle as of now. Yes the tubes will need to be cut some. I made them longer, and then cut it down as i go.

Akademee

Good start on the front "nozzle" I was interested to see how you made that and I am impressed that you were able to do it with foam! Cleanly and evenly to boot!

Good start on the front "nozzle" I was interested to see how you made that and I am impressed that you were able to do it with foam! Cleanly and evenly to boot!
TKS! It took me a few days to get it like I wanted it. But, it's comming together. The missile pod is just one of six weapons I want to try, and build out of foam & pvc. When I'm done with the missile pod I want to try a Spike rifle, SRS99 sniiper rifle, Gravity hammer, SPNKr Launcher, and Jorge M247H chain gun. I hope the chain gun turns out half as good as your chain gun. Well, off to the store to buy some more foam mats.

HPIM0927.jpg

UPDATE: Got some more work done on the front end. Still need to sand down the a few round edges. Picked up some more 1/4" gray foam mats, and a few cans of insulating foam sealant to start filling up the big box part.

Hyperballistik

I've been watching this build and I have to admit, this thing is really turning out nice, can't wait to see the final product, keep at it your doing great