Foam SPI *Reforged*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little chest progress:
20190130_145016.jpg
20190130_145019.jpg
20190130_145053.jpg

Still a work in progress, hoping to have the full chest done today minus the straps, I'm going to put those on last after it's all painted, just to have a cleaner look! The paint job is going to be expensive, but it should be awesome!

I'll be watching this thread, ever since I saw the SPI on the cover of "Ghosts of Onyx" I thought it was one of the more unique armorsets, especially since it's very rounded compared to typical UNSC gear. It'll be exciting to see how it turns out :)

I have no idea. I scaled everything rather specifically to my size, so I couldnt even tell you. I'm slim and 5'6" if that helps the imagination on rough size.
Yeaup, already scaled mine and fits like a glove, I just took 25mm off the default size, so probably do that to all of them! Thanks!

Check out PETG at your local plastics supplier or hardware store. It's effectively the same material as pop bottles but you can get different thicknesses. If you make a buck the shape of your visor you can heat form it with a heat gun or build a cheapo vacuum former.

Clear Worbla is just not fun stuff to work with. You have to get it stupid hot and then flash chill it to get it to keep it's shape. It's also uneven thickness and gives a beer goggles like effect when looking through it.
What location in a hardware store sagely one? And is there a thread for a vacuum forming machine thingy?

Alright! So chest is 95% done, I will do the straps seperately and attach them via Chicago screws after painting! Basically going to paint them seperately and attach them very last, here is the final-ish chest piece:
20190201_073446.jpg
20190201_073455.jpg
20190201_073504.jpg
20190201_073514.jpg

Alright ab plate done! I will fill up the seams and sand later on! Probably taped it on the the main chest for fitment, enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back