Foam Supplies in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinoco

Im building a reduced size armour for my ten year old so im finding the 10mm EVA foam hard to work with. So i think if i can use 8mm would be better but i cant find any here in the UK. What is EVA foam referred to other than EVA as searching for EVA foam just gives me the 10mm floor tiles.

you could look under yoga mats, anti-fatigue mats, craft foam..........don't know what else you could look under.

Ive been suggested that Plastazone LD45 is the same stuff but its difficult to see.

This is the description.

Plastazote LD45 - Medium density
Sheet size: 2M x 1M
Colours: Black or White
Density 45KG/M3
Available in thicknesses:-

• 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 15mm, 20mm, 25mm
This LD45 (non-absorbant polyethylene closed-cell foam) is the most popular density sold and is used for all sorts of applications including protective packaging, arts and crafts, costume and model making, swim floats as well as industrial applications.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try Decathlon.uk. They sell 140x50cm yoga matts for £1.99 each. They are 5mm. I just bought half a dozen to build my kids iron man and bat man masks (they do red and black matts).

Try Decathlon.uk. They sell 140x50cm yoga matts for £1.99 each. They are 5mm. I just bought half a dozen to build my kids iron man and bat man masks (they do red and black matts).

Ill check that out. I did buy some camping mats from them but there just to soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back