Foam weapon building

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike bike

For sliced files like
Halo 4 - UNSC Weapon - BR85 Battle Rifle 1.0
Its the battle rile if you can't open that. Do you use eva foam? I don't think if theres a bunch of layers it would end of being like 1 foot wide, so its either 3mm or 5mm foam used or a combo of both is there any way to know for sure? or is it just kind of knowing the size of things? i would go with 3mm myself

yea, EVA foam is too thick to build it as described. I have used foamboard and used as many slices as needed. they come in 1/4, 1/2 and 1 inch thickness.

You might be able to get away with using eva foam. Of course you would have to use thinner sheets. For example I have bought some 9x12 inch sheets of 6mm foam. It's much more dense than the big puzzle piece mats. Its pretty firm and stiff when laminated together. Of course the sheets would have to be glued together to be big enough for the templates.

You might be able to get away with using eva foam. Of course you would have to use thinner sheets. For example I have bought some 9x12 inch sheets of 6mm foam. It's much more dense than the big puzzle piece mats. Its pretty firm and stiff when laminated together. Of course the sheets would have to be glued together to be big enough for the templates.

Correct.....I forget that EVA come in thinner sizes.

For sliced weapons I use just regular EVA foam and only use one of the sliced pieces as the basic template, and use the rest of the sliced file for the details and other pieces not included in your basic template. I would also recommend even if you have the sliced file to look at reference pictures while building, it can help you a lot.

Those thin craft foam also comes in different thicknesses. The thinnest is 1 cm which is great for the detailing.

I have built a number of weapons using eva and craft foam, and i think they are a great medium to use! mine were scratch built with no templates, but as you mentioned, you just have to judge the thickness of each layer, and figure out what thickness will work best!

I want to learn that myself too. in fact I just registered here in order to learn as much as I can from you guys.

and I also am interested in SeroVital but that's another topic :D

Last edited:
I want to learn that myself too. in fact I just registered here in order to learn as much as I can from you guys.
Soild plan I started about a year ago and almost done my first suit, using the peoakura method and so much more stuff. I started knowing nothing of the sort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back