For people in Michigan with the RRoD on their XBOX or other console issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloGoddess

Hey guys, I got some news to share with you! There is this awesome little place I know of in Taylor Michigan. Even if it's a little bit of a drive for you, it might be worth it. :D

The place is called GamesaGalore.........THEY CAN repair your XBOX!! They only charge $40 AND they include a LIFETIME warranty! You CAN'T beat that. If you don't have your xbox covered under warranty by microsoft, you are looking at about $120 to get it fixed AND then you gotta deal with the long wait to get it back! D:

This place can fix your xbox while you wait. It takes no more than an hour for them to dismantle your precious baby and repair it to playing status once again! :D I've taken BOTH of my xbox's to these guys and have been happy with the outcome. BOTH of mine died around the release of Halo Reach and I was so freaked out until I learned about these guys.

They can even fix your PS3 and the wii.

I recommend them for the simple fact that it's cheap AND you don't have to wait weeks to get your console back. As long as you can make the drive, I suggest trying to get your console to them.

They will tell you and I will say it here, SAVE YOUR RECEIPT!!! This way if something happens again, just take your receipt with you showing that you had it fixed by them before and they will repair it again for FREE!!! :D

They are able to do more than just fix the red ring issues. They can even mod the xbox so that it runs better and the prices are different, so you will need to ask about it. You can even google: "gamesagalore taylor michigan" to get directions.

I hope this has helped someone out! :D

One more thing, they ONLY accept cash.

I just checked it out on the map, and this works out absolutely perfect....I will actually be in Detroit next weekend!!

Thanks for the info HG!!!!

-Matt

Or you can fix it yourself for $8 and a torx screwdriver o.o It's really easy and there's tons of guides on google. I've done it 5+ times on my xbox and friends xbox's.

Or you can fix it yourself for $8 and a torx screwdriver o.o It's really easy and there's tons of guides on google. I've done it 5+ times on my xbox and friends xbox's.

That might be good if you really understand what you are doing, but there have been cases where people have tried to do it and they end up breaking into the motherboard and once that happens, it is beyond repair.

Dude! Thats awsome! Its 4 hours away from houghton lake but, It might be worth it if my xbox Red Rings again (its done it two times and ive owned it for 10 months.) Thanks again!

Jacob

I plan on fixing my brother in laws now that daughters armor is done, and I just sit here bored to death on weekends. I haven't really searched for a guide yet, but if anybody has a really good one shoot me a link please.

I plan on fixing my brother in laws now that daughters armor is done, and I just sit here bored to death on weekends. I haven't really searched for a guide yet, but if anybody has a really good one shoot me a link please.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Fix-the-Red-Ring-of-Deathwithout-towels/

This is the one I learned from. Once you do it once, you never forget how its done. Heck I should start up a shop just like HaloGoddess did :O $40 a person is good profit for an hour job ._.

Russian, she didn't start up a shop - she's letting people know about a shop she found, and it's a much better deal than trying to mess with Microsoft.

That's a good tutorial though for those who are past their warranty.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Fix-the-Red-Ring-of-Deathwithout-towels/

This is the one I learned from. Once you do it once, you never forget how its done. Heck I should start up a shop just like HaloGoddess did :O $40 a person is good profit for an hour job ._.

That's not always the case I'm afraid. Mine broke down and had everything from freezing to RRoD. Even after a reflow it froze after a week of gaming. DIY doesn't always benefit. Whereas people who do a lot of this will have an easier time. Also, I doubt they would do the 'X-Clamp' fix. Most people have high-end equipment specifically for computer repair (reflow stations).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back