Forward Unto Dawn Armor attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Running Man

I'm still fairly new at all this and am now determined to make the Mjolnir armor MC wore in Forward Unto Dawn. I have the pep files but am having trouble with the scaling. I've looked on threads here, but nothing on FUD. Help?

Scaling doesn't change depending on the files being used. You always end up scaling the file to your own body. Look up halo goddess's scaling tutorial (I want to say it's in the costumes and props section) for a full tutorial on how to scale. Keep in mind there is some trial and error, and it might take more than one try to get the scaling perfect.

To follow on with Phil's comment, once you start with Halo Goddess' tuts, you can't trust those first measurements. For me they were over-sized but they certainly were the best starting point. I tested the measurements with 3 passes for each piece out of printer paper until I found a size that fit snuggly (and even my final suit wasn't snug enough). You have to eyeball every piece when you test them, gather all the reference images you can find, they will tell you where a piece will start and stop (like the forearms, you know they will overshoot the elbows but an inch or so), its a gamble but its rewarding in the end.

You can also use the "measure distance" tool in pepakura to see what the lengths and openings are going to be before you even print it out.

If you need any help with FUD, hit me up. I've studied the suit and details quite extensively whilst building mine. Feel free to bug me about anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back