Forward Unto Dawn: Cadet Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivalablake89

Hey guys whats up! So last night while I was teaching my wife how to make her own Spartan Mark V armor set I decided to put on Forward Unto Dawn, just to set the mood ;), have not watched it since it first came out on youtube "amazing series by the way!" and since it was on Netflix I just couldn't resist, mind you when I first watched this series I had zero experience in armor making and was just a googely eye fan-boy. Anyways as I was watching I couldn't help but notice in the second scene when the cadets are running a field exercise in what I guess you would call training armor, but did anyone else happen to take a look at the shoulder pads they are wearing and notice they are ODST Knee pads?
halo_4_fud_01.jpg5041966_halo-4-forward-unto-dawn-trailer--see_4daa5071_m.jpg

I'm not being nit-picky or anything, I just thought it was funny and that I only noticed after working on my own set of armor. I guess after making your own set you gain a better perspective of the little things haha, also wondered if anyone else noticed this?

Yeah combinestrider I was actually thinking of maybe knocking one out if I can find the time, already have the knee pads just repurpose them for shoulders and I already have a tan molle chest rig that seems to be the close enough. still trying to I.D. the knee pads and chest piece, the rest is just a mix of ODST and Marine pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its also perhaps the only In real life armor we can see.

halo has the problem where its all a Video game . from stargate to spaceballs ,most of that stuff was at some point in time on a human actor.
Halo and destiny does not have a IRL analog to get info from.

We know that budget aside If FX companys can build it so can we! . its a obtainable goal.

I would LOVE to see there supply list.... EG who made the pre cast plasic buckels, the clip holdsters look Off the rack . who made them?

there is NO way they would make MOLLE vests for all those actors . what balistics company make them?

this is gonna be a solid build with lots of research !

Yeah combinestrider I was actually thinking of maybe knocking one out if I can find the time, already have the knee pads just repurpose them for shoulders and I already have a tan molle chest rig that seems to be the close enough. still trying to I.D. the knee pads and chest piece, the rest is just a mix of ODST and Marine pieces.

The chest actually looks a lot like an ODST plate, just with a lot of extra layers under and around it. Least to me anyway

Lots of research indeed. I was looking at Legacy EFX website they are the ones who made all the live action trailers and movies/ webseries like knight fall and forward unto to dawn. Im sure the costume department had a lot of stuff on hand, and a budget so they most likely repurposed stuff maybe even the Molle vests where at one point used in another film and they figured to cut costs they'd just mix and match. Either way the website and youtube channel don't go into to much detail on the Halo series, I wish they would. but it seems like they focus a lot on Iron man since that's what they are best known for.

But like you said a supply list or even a name of the head of that department would be great because it would be a step in the right direction.

I think you maybe right, it definitely has the base as the center chest piece of an ODST perhaps ONI operative since it seems to have a little more curvature on the sides than your standard ODST. should be relatively easy to make just need to layer correctly and reshape some pep templates. I'm really digging the vents that they have under them near the abdomen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back