Fotus Pepakura Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Murray

Hey guys, I'm doing my first pepakura helmet. I think I picked one of the harder ones to do here, but it's for a gift for my best friend for christmas. We have a clan. So here's some pics.

Pic with the cup is just prior to Epoxy resin apply. I just finished it today. It's pretty cold here so it's going to take longer to cure but I dont mind at all. I know it's not perfect but I"m hoping to clean it up a bit once the resin hardens.

45299618_546256352504375_6942716206218477568_n.jpg

Looks really nice. Did you print it with gray paper or did you apply a gray coat of something onto it prior? Just odd to see a pep helmet that isn't plain white lol

Looks really nice. Did you print it with gray paper or did you apply a gray coat of something onto it prior? Just odd to see a pep helmet that isn't plain white lol

Man I accidentally did that in the Model Maker. Then after the fact I was like, meh, it works. I've just finished fiberglassing the inside of it and have it hardened now and will begin the bondo phase this week sometime. I'll post updated pics later.

That looks really good, which file did you use? I want to make a FOTUS helmet too, but can't decide which version to start with.

Hey guys, I'm doing my first pepakura helmet. I think I picked one of the harder ones to do here, but it's for a gift for my best friend for christmas. We have a clan. So here's some pics.

Pic with the cup is just prior to Epoxy resin apply. I just finished it today. It's pretty cold here so it's going to take longer to cure but I dont mind at all. I know it's not perfect but I"m hoping to clean it up a bit once the resin hardens.

View attachment 261929
Hi I was wondering if the helmet in the picture has not been modified(scaled larger or small)
And I was wondering if you could tell me the size of your head to see if the helmet if fit my head.
Much thanks and take care.

View attachment 261929
Hey is resin good for armor making? Cause I'm making arbiter and want to make the armor look real. If you could help me it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Hey is resin good for armor making? Cause I'm making arbiter and want to make the armor look real. If you could help me it would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Oepakira and fibreglass Resin is a great way to build, but it does take a long time and alot of sanding. It can also get very heavy if your not careful. No matter what material you use, it can always look fake. I have seen cardboard that I thought was steel. It all depends on how YOU build it and paint it. You make it how real you want it in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back