Foxx's Destiny Hunter WIP - becoming pic heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibiri Foxx

Residing from Seattle, of course I have Bungie pride. Even more so after following news clip afte news clip of information about Destiny coming out.
oxmdestiny.jpg

I am already in love with this game before it has even came out, and by what I've been told by my buddies in the know, I should indeed be as excited as I am. So I sat myself a goal to have myself the default "Law of the Jungle" Hunter from the trailer done by the time the game comes out. Being a prop maker myself, I decided taking on the task of sculpting the Hunter's mask would be a fun challenge, especially with little good references of the face, especially no side views. Been doing so much Star Wars and Mass Effect prop making, this will be a fun new venture that I can share with others as well. With my current busy schedule, I've been sculpting piece by piece blocking, chopping and shaping. Should have this ready to cast by the end of this month. Here's the progress, so far about 12 hours put into it.

Looking at reference pics and using a scribe, I started marking out where parts would be and blocking out the nose area for proportions. I am building this on a sintra base formed around my head to save on clay and help with uniform shaping.
1091014_422830951159584_895306787_o.jpg

Now to start blocking in where everything goes and sizing
photo16.jpg
photo15.jpg

After blocking, I started by hand shaping parts
photo14.jpg

Now, for shaving, cutting and chopping with my tools
photo11.jpg
photo13.jpg

Yesterday I shaved more off the nose area and shaped it a bit more, will get pics of that before I move along. Will be hitting it up again this weekend for sure.
But not bad for 12 hours of OCD work...
hunterblockedoutcomparison.jpg

Still alot more to go though!

Attachments

• oxmdestiny.jpg
    oxmdestiny.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 188
  • 1091014_422830951159584_895306787_o.jpg
    1091014_422830951159584_895306787_o.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 195
  • photo16.jpg
    photo16.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 196
  • photo15.jpg
    photo15.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 205
  • photo14.jpg
    photo14.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 191
  • photo11.jpg
    photo11.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 200
  • photo13.jpg
    photo13.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 196
  • hunterblockedoutcomparison.jpg
    hunterblockedoutcomparison.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 185
Looking good. Can't wait to see it finished. Im guessing that your going to make a mold when your done sculpting. What kind of clay are you using?

Thanks guys!

And yep, going to make a mold when I'm done. Rebound 25 for that part with bondo glass shell to make that complete mold, just like I do for Mando helmets. Will cast it in Smooth On 65D Resin with prolly a Onyx Black last coat on the inside for a little more strength.

As for clay, I am using my favorite- Monster Maker clay. I like the way it works and holds form well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back