Frankie Leaves Bungie

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoBfrost

Dear BungieFans,

It's not you, it's me.

In many ways, you're too good for me. You can find someone better. Maybe a little hairy dude. Maybe a Hungarian Unicyclist. I just know that I don't deserve you, and that this is just as hard for me as it is for you.

Yours truly,

Frankie.

I am leaving you. I am off to work more closely with Microsoft on the Halo franchise, so I shan't be too far away, but I wanted to take this last chance, appropriately enough in a Weekly Update, to tell you a very fond thanks. Thanks for being the most energized, enthusiastic, loyal, faithful, creative, imaginative and incredible community any video game could ever have.

Thanks for being patient when things went wrong, when playlists didn't work, when matchmaking broke, when bugs were being fixed. Thanks for the mail, the screenshots, the movies, the machinima, the models, the paintings and the sheer enthusiasm and talent you've shown me over the years.

Thanks for not following through on the death threats.

Thanks for sticking with us through thick and thin and thanks for the loyalty you're going to show Bungie over the coming years.

And on that note, let me tell you a bit about the coming years. It was very hard for me to make the decision to move on, but one thing that made it just a bit easier, was seeing the amazing work that's coming down the pipe. I was busy working on a story for one of our next games, an experience that is destined to surprise, amaze and entertain like nothing we've ever made before. That game has an amazing team invested in it, and one that will be tasked with building the Next Big Thing. You should see what they've already achieved, you truly should.

And there are other things rumbling at Bungie, just as secret, just as epic and just as incredible. And the thing that turns all that rumbling into incredible gameplay experiences is, has always been and will always continue to be, the people. The brilliant, talented, industrious gang of geniuses who brought you everything from a monochrome Pong clone to the staggering vistas and vision of Halo 3.

Artists, engineers, musicians, designers, writers, administrators, producers, managers, even our security staff are Bungie people, through and through. They are all, every last man, woman and Bob, the very essence of the spirit of the company and the thing I will miss most of all.

There are too many to name. More than 120 now, more than double the number than when I first started, about halfway through Halo 2. Amazing to think that I am Old School Bungie, when I never felt like anything other than a wide-eyed child in a moonlit candy store.

So thanks again. And look forward to all that candy. They're making it for you.

Goodbye, thanks for all the Photoshops today - and don't eat stuff off the sidewalk.

It's official, he's gone.

But what more could he work on halo with microsoft? Does this mean a new game?
VIA: Kotaku.com

Last edited by a moderator:
To work on Halo franchise with the "other" company.... good for him.

I saw it on Bungie. Hopefully he'll be working with Gearbox. Hate to see him leave but I'm sure he thought it out completely before making the decision. At the least I had the "honor" of getting my ass kicked by him online.

Wow......I'm really shocked to see this. I mean I saw it on bungie.net but I didn't entirely beleive it. :eek: Hope he knows what he's doing with this move.

I know for a fact that Bungie is working on a Halo Related game. I believe they are on a semi-break and are helping out the Peter Jackson game/project.

Not going to say anymore till later on ;o.

-Doom

Tis a sad day for all Halo-tude. Frankie was the most loved member of the company, and while he's not leaving the Halo community, it is a discomforting milestone for Bungie. But you have to say this about him, he is unbelievably loyal to Halo. I look forward to see what great new Halo titles he'll be bringing up.

Thanks for eveything Frankie, good luck with the new job!

DSC00167.jpg

Maybe he is going to work on another awesome Halo project, maybe Halo Wars, maybe Peter Jackson, maybe something new :eek:.

Don't be sad that he left, instead be happy he didn't retire :p

Dreadnought of Fury said:
Maybe he is going to work on another awesome Halo project, maybe Halo Wars, maybe Peter Jackson, maybe something new :eek:.

Don't be sad that he left, instead be happy he didn't retire :p
good point. if Frankie left video games forever, i don't know if i could live

Sean Bradley said:
Tis a sad day for all Halo-tude. Frankie was the most loved member of the company, and while he's not leaving the Halo community, it is a discomforting milestone for Bungie. But you have to say this about him, he is unbelievably loyal to Halo. I look forward to see what great new Halo titles he'll be bringing up.
That'll be why he left, methinks. After all, Bungie no longer owns Halo, which belongs to Micro$oft. And what better way to make sure Halo stays as good as it is, than to get someone who used to work on it with Bungie working on it?
God bless yah on whatever you do now, Frankie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back