Frankie Leaves Bungie

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow im shocked....i didnt expect that at all!

Don't be sad that he left, instead be happy he didn't retire

VERY good point there! i hope he doesnt retire EVER LOL

I'm happy!

This means there's someone in Microsoft to ensure they don't mess Halo up!

I just hope the replacement is a bald Scottish dude too...

I'm gonna miss that Scottamerican accent.

good point. i didn't think of that. this means they won't end up making a crappy cross-over remake like ShadowRun for HALO

(sorry for anyone that likes the new version-its just that GameInformer and IGN.com said it was one of the biggest disappointments of 2007 and it got a terrible review)

Ironically I was reading this topic and the song "Carry on my Wayward Son" came up on the playlist.

I will miss Frankie and Mister Chief, he was my favorite character.
But, I agree with Xalener about that now someone will be on "undercover" in microsoft. Have fun with your new job Frankie, hopefully M$ doesnt make you do slave work to get 3 dollars.

I have to say his repeated absences from the weekly updates and trips abroad make sense now. He was job hunting/haggling or using up whatever vacation time he had left at bungie, haha.

Good luck Frankie.

PS - No wonder I couldn't find this topic earlier. I figured it to be in the General Discussion and not Halo Universe.

how could i have gone this long without knowing this!? well i wish him well, and hope his endeavors bring more to the halo universe for us to pep lol!

Doom said:
I know for a fact that Bungie is working on a Halo Related game. I believe they are on a semi-break and are helping out the Peter Jackson game/project.

Not going to say anymore till later on ;o.

-Doom
bungie working on the the next gen marathon. the ending of halo 3 gives it away

"In Marathon 1, the Cyborg wakes up on a damaged ship orbiting Tau Ceti IV. At the end of Halo 3, Forward Unto Dawn is shown drifting towards an unkown planet, possibly Tau Ceti IV, referencing the Master Chief to the Cyborg in Marathon."

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan 051 said:
bungie working on the the next gen marathon. the ending of halo 3 gives it away

"In Marathon 1, the Cyborg wakes up on a damaged ship orbiting Tau Ceti IV. At the end of Halo 3, Forward Unto Dawn is shown drifting towards an unkown planet, possibly Tau Ceti IV, referencing the Master Chief to the Cyborg in Marathon."

Forward Unto Dawn means something then. Just like The Pillar of Autumn and In Amber Clad. I forgot what Pillar of Autumn means, but In Amber Clad of course was something like Ironclad, or in iron armor. In Amber Clad was overrun by Flood (being a yellowish or amber color). Forward Until Dawn, I'm guessing, signifies the dawn of a new story. I could be wrong though.

xalener said:
God, I really hope Halo isn't a marathon prequel.

Why not? I'd love to check out a modern version of Marathon. Besides.. I always kinda wondered if the Forerunners were the Marathon folks.

Good catch.. It certainly explains why Bungie was making such a fuss about the fact that the new armor was still Mjolnir Mark VI.. because otherwise it would conflict with Marathon. Boy.. they weren't kidding when they called it the end of the story arc.

BTW- who is taking over for Frankie now? Or is that what this "unable to contribute to the Weekly update" really was? Sort of a phasing out of Frankie so fan's didn't go "holy crap!? he's the only guy we know over there!"

I'm gonna' miss Frankie, but he's gonna' be fine wherever he goes.. I'm sure he'll end up in public relations with a halo title again... it's just not gonna' be at Bungie. I can live with that, I'm just looking forward to seeing him again.

Deadguy said:
BTW- who is taking over for Frankie now? Or is that what this "unable to contribute to the Weekly update" really was? Sort of a phasing out of Frankie so fan's didn't go "holy crap!? he's the only guy we know over there!"

Probably leaving his post to Luke Smith. Luke's been Frankie shadow for a little while now, almost makes me think that this was the intention of bringing in Luke in the first place.

for all Frankie lovers, we (Halo.fr) are sending all fans' texts to Frankie.

Like a "souvenir".

Gosh I loved to translate his BWU :'(

It won't be like before.

Sean Bradley said:
Probably leaving his post to Luke Smith. Luke's been Frankie shadow for a little while now, almost makes me think that this was the intention of bringing in Luke in the first place.
WHY?!?!?!?!

I hate Luke, he doesn't have that charm that Frankie has.

:[

On one hand, ill really miss him in the podcast. But if hes going to be working on the next halo related game/movie, at least i know frankie will be there to boot them up the ass and make sure they do a good job!

I just want to know what bungies working on next!!

someone on the GearBox thread was saying that they were postive he was leaving so he could manage the next gearbox Halo game.

200th post FTW!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back