FRED 104 Foam Build (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again, its that time of year, to start on a new set of armor since I've wore my ODST armor to the nubs! So after much consideration (about 30 mins) I've decided to build Fred's centurion armor so I made a run out to harbor freight and office max for supplies and got cooking! Part of the documentation this time is going to be a running total of what I bought and how much, you know for ****s and giggles. So here we go! NOTE: I will also be streaming my build between 8-10pm EST on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/sgsrtcameron

Running Total of supplies
  • 2 packs of EVA mat , 50 razor blades, 10 pack super glue, small breakable razor blade- $32.19
  • Cayan and Black ink for WF-7610 printer- $30.10

So after getting all the supplies and choosing which PDO to use, in this case the one unfolded by @Pretzel (thanks man!), I proceeded to scale and rearrange the parts for my 11 x 17 (ledger) cardstock. Then printed, and my printer shot out blanks.... must have have performance issues I thought, and after much truble shooting, I found that my head was clogged and I could only print in blue and yellow. So how do you change the line color of a PDO file? Well after about two hours of searching and playing with settings I found it. Yeay me!
So I printed it out and went to work. By now its been 6+ hours since I went shopping, and so I didn't get much done but this I what I did.
attachment.php

And I did this yesterday after work
attachment.php

attachment.php

More to come!

More pics! Didn't get as much done as I wanted to today, had a sleepy streak today so just this done. Good news is that I spent nothing, so that's a plus.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well ****... I think I made the scale too small..... working on seeing if there is a workaround or if I have to start from scratch...
more to come.

looks good, keep up the great work.. here's mine from PAX EAST 2016
/
Looks awesome! I ve also dicided to start streaming my build prosses on twitch, https://www.twitch.tv/sgsrtcameron , Monday-Friday 8-10pm EST. other than that I got more of the back of the torso done and finished the front.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

EDIT: I'm leaving the typos in as this was typed in full ODST armor at a local event, ODSTs are not office workers xD

Update time! I ve "finished" the torso, made it a bit tight, so I may have to do some modding latter. Speaking of modding, the jets were not foam friendly at all so those were, how you say, hacked together. All in all though I think it turned out well. So next up is going to be the Helm! Here are some pics of the torso.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Also the streaming has been gong well, and I found out twitch is doing a costume contest for streaming your builds on creative! So I'm streaming for that now.

SGSRTcameron, looks great. Fantastic work so far. I know how frustrating it could be when something is sized wrong. I'm in the middle of building the same suit and I've had to restart my helmet 4 times.......so far so good w/ the 4th. I have to agree w/ you on the jet pack. Not only is it not foam friendly, it's not pep friendly either. I was doing test pieces and trying to harden an enclosed piece is a pain in the butt!! I figured foam would at least hold its shape better but cutting as per the templates w/o those mini pieces.......creates rather large gaps. But it looks like you well on your way to correcting that issue. Now I have a question for you.....The archives only has the 3D version on the full legs (thigh, shin, and boot) do you already have the templates for that and going w/ foam as well? Or a 3D printer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I have a question for you.....The archives only has the 3D version on the full legs (thigh, shin, and boot) do you already have the templates for that and going w/ foam as well? Or a 3D printer?

Good question, I'm going to use the obj's to make the pep file and unfold them, I would love to share them but as of now I don't have a key for pepakura so I cant save.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't have key either......can you teach me how to pep the OBJ file? PM me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back