Free Halo 3 Modding Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImaGonnaGetYou

ATTENTION: The 405th is an armoring site, and does not sell or make mods. This is not an official 405th service

Need a mod for a screenshot? Just want a modded map to see what it looks like? This is your kind of place. I'm offering free modding services to members of the 405th. Any Forge map, film, or screenshot can be modded. Anything from clones to Shade turrets, to having Recon armor in films, to custom images in Halo screenshot form.

Later on, I will explain what can be done to each type of file. However, first, I will explain the rules.

1. DO NOT use inappropriate language in this thread. None. No cursing or inappropriate references.
2. DO NOT flame, spam, or harass anyone in this thread. This is a thread for mod requests and light discussion of modding if it is necessary.
3. DO NOT post in a hard-to-read format. I won't wrestle with your spelling when I could be finishing requests.
4. DO NOT harass me if your mod isn't done in X amount of hours. I will get it done, but you must be patient.
5. DO NOT release any of my mods, ever. If you show the mod to someone else, you're releasing it. If I see anyone besides you with a request mod, I will close down the thread, and mod for myself and friends exclusively.
6. DO NOT go crazy if I refuse your request. Although it is rare, I will refuse service to anyone if I see it necessary. Don't worry, unless your mod involves making a sea of active tripmines, I probably won't refuse you. If you would like to ask politely why I refused your request, I'll explain, and give suggestions to help the request become more useable.
7. DO NOT disobey any current 405th rules. No exceptions.
If you disobey any of these in a manner I see as severe, you will be refused service for a VERY long time.

Now, there are a few things you must do to help:

1. You have to be in a Forge game to set up spawn points of objects. You know, those little blue arrows that show spawns in Forge? Those carry over to modded objects, too. We set them, and I swap the object with what was placed, and resign it back into the Xbox 360.
2. If you DO NOT have an Xbox 360 and/or Halo 3, I will try to Forge your request, and continue the modding process. Obviously, only make a non-Xbox 360 suggestion if you need an avatar/signature or if you plan to get Halo 3 within a week or so.
3. If you have an Xbox 360 and Halo 3, and you do not want to join a Forge game, you will have to wait longer than others, since you will get the lower priority.

Here is what can be done with each type of mod:

Usermaps - Objects can be swapped with other objects already on the map. This includes clone models, active equipment, normally out-of-map objects, and even regular Forge items.
Films - Mainly, the only thing you can do with film mods is swap armor. Yes, you can haz Recon and the flaming head in the film. I can also change your film Gamertag, UNSC Tag, and color (even in team games :lol: )
Screenshots - Any picture you have can be modded into Halo 3. Pretty simple.

A list of objects for every map will be added here as soon as I compile it.

Here's the request form. Remove the parentheses before posting it, please. One mod can be done per person at any one time. Once yours is finished, you can request another. USE THE REQUEST FORM FOR ALL REQUESTS.

Gamertag (Do not answer if you don't have a 360 or Halo 3):
Type of mod wanted (Usermap, Film, or Screenshot):
-Insert Extension Here-

-Usermap Form Extension-
Map (Standoff, Snowbound, Guardian, etc.):
Request (Explain what you would like for your mod. Remember, you can add mods to any existing Forge map, so you can use mods to enhance anything you want):
Author Name (Would you like a funny name or your Gamertag as the map author?):
Map Name (Would you like a different name for the map?):
Map Description (Do you want different color text or Xbox 360 button symbols in the description? Perhaps a picture?):
Available Time (If you can help Forge/explain what you need done on LIVE, tell what times you are on in Eastern time):

-Film Form Extension-
Link to Your Film (Bungie.net link, preferably):
Request (What armor/game stat mods do you want in the film?):
Author Name (Same as Usermap):
Film Name (Same as Map Name in Usermap):
Film Description (Same as Map Description in Usermap):

-Screenshot Form Extension-
Picture (As high of a resolution as possible of the picture you want put into Halo 3 in a link):
Link to Current Screenshot (A link to a File Share picture that you don't care for and want replaced.):
Author Name (Same as Usermap):
Screenshot Name (Same as Map Name in Usermap):
Screenshot Description (Same as Map Description in Usermap):

Please post your request. Do not PM them to me. If someone is unsure of what they want in their mod, they can refer to previous requests to get ideas.

Moderators, if anything needs to be changed, please tell me. I'd rather not be left in the dark about changes to my thread. Lock or move if necessary.

Thanks for reading, and please post your requests!

Current Request List:
First Priority:
- thepuma
- jibs479
- pvt. waffles
- vanalla
Second Priority:
-
-
-

P.S - I may add Gametype mods as an option soon, but the program is giving me trouble with it. A whole lot of it.

P.S.S - If you have a quick question about modding, go ahead and post your question, but don't create a discussion that takes up half of a page.

P.S.S.S - Sorry for the very long read.

DEFINITELY not a good idea. Bungie's said themselves that modded content is grounds for a permaban - whether or not that content is used on XBL. Even if you're just looking at the stuff and didn't actually make it - anyone who's found with modded content gets the BanHammer.

I suggest you don't go along with this, ladies and gentlemen. Not to put a downer on the topic, but you're just asking for a ban if you hit this one up. It's a fair warning for your own good.

Yea, I don't mean to insult your thread or anything, but this is a bad idea, you, and other members could get banned very easily. Personally, I think un-modded games are better anyway. Modded games mess up the story of campaign, or mess up the gameplay in multiplayer.

Just a quick note, unless you've got an unbanned keyvault, your maps/films/gametypes will appear corrupt once put on the Xbox. It's been in affect since the NXE.

Figured I would give you a heads up so you don't let some people down if you don't have that set.

-Doom

Crucible said:
DEFINITELY not a good idea. Bungie's said themselves that modded content is grounds for a permaban - whether or not that content is used on XBL. Even if you're just looking at the stuff and didn't actually make it - anyone who's found with modded content gets the BanHammer.

I suggest you don't go along with this, ladies and gentlemen. Not to put a downer on the topic, but you're just asking for a ban if you hit this one up. It's a fair warning for your own good.

I've had many MANY people do some Mods for me.

Nothing has even gone wrong, not once with either of us, and his "customers".

Unless its a major Mod, then nothing can actually go wrong.

I'd give you something to do Kev, But I cant think of anything. Maybe another time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crucible said:

Oh, I understand your concern. However, you misinterpret Bungie's intentions.

Have you heard of se7ensins? They have modded Halo 3 ever since the resigner program was released. Bungie has staff that are members there. Yet, no one gets banned from the game or Xbox LIVE UNLESS they put modded content in their File Share.

However, you can completely avoid the system by distributing maps via the Recent Maps list in the Custom Game and Forge lobbies. IF Bungie did ban anyone with modded content, they would lose more than a quarter of their current players. Microsoft and Bungie both know that.

Obviously, if you put modded content in your File Share for more than a minute or so, you will be banned. Having modded content, meanwhile, cannot harm you. If you would like proof of this, I'll will gladly supply a link from Bungie, saying that having modded content is not bannable, but putting it in the File Share is.

EDIT: Doom, thanks for the tip. One of my friends helped me with the keyvault issue. Hopefully that's what's been screwing my campaign save mods >.>

Yeah, there should be a few private resigners built with unbanned keyvaults floating around don't think any are actually public though. I'm sure if you ask around you should be able to get a hold of one.

-Doom

Doom said:
Yeah, there should be a few private resigners built with unbanned keyvaults floating around don't think any are actually public though. I'm sure if you ask around you should be able to get a hold of one.

-Doom

Some of them were leaked, I got ahold of one before one of the topics on se7ensins was banned :lol:

And it still hasn't fixed the campaign save mods. They all start, but end before the black screen goes away.

can you do turretless vehicles

bthepuma117
Usermap
Usermap Form Extension-
Map Vallhala
Request SNOW
Author Name BUNGLE
Map Name : Cristmas
Map Description YOU CAN HAZ SNOW
Available Time WILL PM WHEN I GET MY SCHEDUAL

thepuma said:
can you do turretless vehicles

bthepuma117
Usermap
Usermap Form Extension-
Map Vallhala
Request SNOW
Author Name BUNGLE
Map Name : Cristmas
Map Description YOU CAN HAZ SNOW
Available Time WILL PM WHEN I GET MY SCHEDUAL

Sorry, that's impossible without a development kit. To make and play mods other than object swapping in Forge means direct modification of the map file, which would need to be signed using a key that is protected by a 2048 bit RSA code. Basically, it's impossible to crack.

I can flood Valhalla with water, and you can say "You can't haz snow", or something. Or an airborne mancannon jetstream? Also, I can make Warthog turrets without vehicles, like stationary turrets, but not Warthogs without turrets. With the exception of The Pit, since it has a Troop Hog.

bthepuma117
Usermap
Usermap Form Extension-
Map in my file share, fileshare under Fight
Request i would like all the barriers replaced with sandbags, and the spawn point replaced with the flashing red lights Author Name Bungii
Map Name macine
Map Description Wanna go
Available Time WILL PM AS SOON AS I FIGURE OUT SCHEDULING

thepuma said:
bthepuma117
Usermap
Usermap Form Extension-
Map in my file share, fileshare under Fight
Request i would like all the barriers replaced with sandbags, and the spawn point replaced with the flashing red lights Author Name Bungii
Map Name macine
Map Description Wanna go
Available Time WILL PM AS SOON AS I FIGURE OUT SCHEDULING

I'll get to work on that. I should have it done soon, once the holiday fever dies down.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
I'll get to work on that. I should have it done soon, once the holiday fever dies down.
yeah, can you pm me when you finish or freind request me on XBL

CPU64 said:
I quit reading at the "M" word.

"Mod" or "Mature"? Modded maps don't get you banned, as I have repeated so many times. Also, there are ways to send films and screenshots by using Bungie.net without being caught by the banning system for weeks (only the person putting the content on the File Share can be banned, so all requesters are safe). Once again, if you need proof that you don't get banned for having modded content, I will gladly supply it in the form of a Bungie.net link.

If you're really afraid of the monster under your bed, I'll send you the modded map file, and you can spend $50 to get the equipment to resign it.

I hate repeating myself on this subject. If you could get banned for having modded content, would this topic be open?

flying_squirl said:
yea, robogenisis (hope i spelled that right) can do it without mods

I meant Warthog turrets that don't have actual hogs. Basically, they are stationary turrets that happen to look exactly like Warthog turrets. I'll show you if you want.

Gauss turrets FTW?

I'll take you up on this offer. I'm making a Machinima called Project GHOST, and I've had trouble finding someone to mod the game for me. What i request:

Map: Sandtrap
Request: A frigate hovering over Sandtrap
Author: Project GHOST
Map Name: GHOST
Map Description: I don't want any description
Time: I'll PM you to let you know when I'll be filming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back