Friends and I planning on going as Noble team for 2011 Supanova convention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greycrow

Hi my friends and i are planning on going as Noble team for next years' Sydney Supanova convention and were wondering how long folks think it would take to pep 5 suits?

This time i will be using proper pep files rather than scratch builds.

I've pepped and resined Jorge's helmet so far in 5 nights of pepping.

Comments welcome

#update#
Finshed resining inside and outside. Smoothing and sanding lines pre-bondo(we call it bog in australia)
Red is the carboard i used for the pep. Used ForgedReclaimer's file.
Creamy color is the internal resin showing through.

Photo211.jpg

Hah, If you're just one guy? Weeks, if not months. Depending on how much you work. Make more than one piece before you go at it with resin. I've found it saves a good deal of time

Very possible.

There's a guy here making 6 suits for comic-con 2010 and he's done it an astonishingly little amount of time.

If you got ore than one person working on it and a bunch of time I see it quite possible.

Most of it will depend on how good you are working with the materials you plan to use as well as the amount of detail you plan on going for. Personally, I am creating Emile and my friend is working on Noble 6 atm. We both have various pieces pepped (about 6-7 each) some with resin and generally just our helmets with bondo on them. We maybe put in about 20-25 hours a week and have been working on them for about 3 weeks now. Keep in mind alot of this time has been spent by my friend on Modeling and unfolding the peps, we are both pretty picky on details too so that adds a bit. If your friends help I'm sure you can do it.

Good luck to you sir

I myself am going for 3 suits by Sept. and if i keep at it i should have it all done, so like all the other guys said it mostly matters on how good you are with what you are doing (which after a few trial and errors should become second nature if your building that many suits), how many people are helping you, and if you are working on it constantly or have to work a lot at a job and don't have much time to spend on it.

Good luck in your endeavors and i hope you make it in time!

Well, lets put it this way. Between myself and Kasper working pretty consistantly since December and we are about half way there. Mind you we are going to great lengths to get the detail spot on, and we are also molding our parts, but it still takes a long time. Just to get my helmet done and to the level I wanted took me more than 125 hours. The smaller parts I do with pep (like the thighs) take about 40 hours. So its something that will take a good chunk of time. The 2011 time frame is entirely doable though. Go slow, focus on detail. It is worth the extra effort. And you can always email me for parts... sorry, shameless plug! Good luck, we look forward to seeing pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back