Frozensnot's Wip Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozensnot

Okay, so I thought I might as well start a thread about my armor.(This next part is about my life and stuff, go ahead and skip it if you don't want to read a bunch of jiberish.)

I have been a fan of Bungie ever since Myth 2 Soulblighter came out. But I never really knew about halo until my cousin showed me one day. We played some good ol' Blood Gulch, and I was ADDICTED! I couldn't get enough of it! But with a low attention span of like 15 minutes, I eventually forgot. It was only about a half a year later, my brother told me that he was going to get Halo 2. I was excited! I couldn't wait to get my grubby hands on it! And then I get halo 3 and blah,blah,blah, I sumble upon this site.

I thought it would be the coolest thing ever to have halo armor! But I didn't have enough time so, I eventually forgot, again . I found this site again when Halo Waypoint featured the 405th and their costuming. Then I finally joined up, and here I am.

Okay, back to halo armor. This is what I have so far.

gallery_18657_1850_44346.jpg

gallery_18657_1976_634189.jpg

gallery_18657_1976_1222533.jpg
This is what happens when you scale something really wrong. :eek

gallery_18657_1976_135535.jpg
Some resined hd handplates. I also have some calfs resined, but what's the point in posting them? It just clutters everything up.

And now...

gallery_18657_1976_170513.jpg
ME! In my stuff so far. I couldn't really put on the calfs because they were curing from the resin.

And yes, the chest looks funny because its not on right and the helmet has a slight bow to it, so.......

Thanks for looking at this!​

Throw some constructive critisism my way if you want. Or don't, because it's that good. :rolleyes

Last edited by a moderator:
looks good! do yourself a favor and save the helm for last or you might end up being lazy with it like i did. Youve got a great start though cant wait to see the updates!

ACDCrockr209 said:
Great start so far bro!

Can't wait to see what happens next!

-Pony

Hey, thanks man! Really like your avatar. Go ACDC!

dgj27284 said:
looks good! do yourself a favor and save the helm for last or you might end up being lazy with it like i did. Youve got a great start though cant wait to see the updates!

Thanks for the advice! I will work my way from the bottom, up. I think I will also get some practice with fiberglass and bondo/rondo before I work on the torso and helmet.

Good idea. Looks good. Something also to look into is Rondo. Bondo + Resin. I used it on my odst suit, and a 2mm thick coating for the helmet, and I can try and break it with torsion, but no go. Easier to sand then fiberglass. Basically, slush cast the inside of the suit with rondo, then take a hand sander and sand away the paper with heavy grit, then go over by hand with finer grit. Clean prime and paint. Good luck.

Hey, thanks man! Really like your avatar. Go ACDC!

Haha thanks!

Deffinately do the rondo thing. You may also want to add some fiberglass cloth so it can give the armor more strength.

-Pony

drgon47 said:
Good idea. Looks good. Something also to look into is Rondo. Bondo + Resin. I used it on my odst suit, and a 2mm thick coating for the helmet, and I can try and break it with torsion, but no go. Easier to sand then fiberglass. Basically, slush cast the inside of the suit with rondo, then take a hand sander and sand away the paper with heavy grit, then go over by hand with finer grit. Clean prime and paint. Good luck.

I will definately have to give that a try. Thanks a lot!

ACDCrockr209 said:
Haha thanks!

Deffinately do the rondo thing. You may also want to add some fiberglass cloth so it can give the armor more strength.

-Pony

Your reffering to mud glassing, right? I had heard it works really well.

It's definitely looking good so far. Nothing really seems off scale and as long as the stuff doesn't feel too tight now, hopefully you will have enough room for padding! :)

I plan to add padding inside MOST of my pieces, just to keep anything from digging in and making me uncomfortable. :p

HaloGoddess said:
It's definitely looking good so far. Nothing really seems off scale and as long as the stuff doesn't feel too tight now, hopefully you will have enough room for padding! :)

I plan to add padding inside MOST of my pieces, just to keep anything from digging in and making me uncomfortable. :p

Thanks! yeah, I compared my MC helmet with my motorcycle helmet, and it looked fine. Comfort is definately a top priority! :D

*UPDATE*

Well...it looks strange that I only have one shin done. I blame that on Mass Effect 2 and the super bowl.

gallery_18657_1976_1933944.jpg

gallery_18657_1976_2417492.jpg

gallery_18657_1976_1887046.jpg

Now I'm also working on a secret project that has been rare or uncommon on the forums lately. I thought of doing an AR but I thought "everybody is making an AR, why not be a little unique?"

So here is a teaser

(I have more built but if I showed that piece, it would be a dead give away.)

gallery_18657_1976_1345860.jpg

Im really likeing all those clean peps. Makes me jealous, im quite sloppy. I guess once i see the piece taking shape i kinda rush to finish it

@Syke360

youre not that new here, that's a necro. Not a bad one, but if a thread is over 30 days old, dont post in it.

haha, this is funny because I actually posted my progress on here. But it was during that period when the servers were getting crazy, and my progress disappeared, along with my pictures.

But progress will come soon I need to add another layer of resin to my carbine.

UPDATE

I'm going against my own advice and finishing my helmet first. I couldn't resist. :D

No progress on the carbine yet.

But I do have progress on my helmet. This was the first time I used a dremel too, I don't think I did that bad on my first time.

gallery_18657_1976_1009645.jpg

You shall be cut in the name of halo.

gallery_18657_1976_1860930.jpg

Ha ha, I love my Elmer Fudd hat. :) It was pretty cold outside.

gallery_18657_1976_1112163.jpg

gallery_18657_1976_2257391.jpg

Liking the start of it! Hope to see the helmet finished soon. :cool

How did you first get started with it?

It looks like you got a lot done in a short amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back