• Assisting with transport and/or setup of booth materials

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Helping in another way

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

James

BXO
405th Regiment Officer
Alright everyone, with Otafest officially over it’s time to look to the next one. It’s gonna be a busy summer and I’m all for it.

For those that didn’t hear, our booth at CCEE was enough of a success that we were invited to set up a booth at Games Con Calgary this year. Meaning we have some planning to do.
I’ll be updating with more details soon, but for now we need something of a head count for those able to attend and help man the booth both in and/or out of costume.
We need to make sure we have enough people to make this even possible before we can fully commit to a booth. On that note, anyone who is willing to help and is reasonably certain they can attend (lets say 80% yeah?) please respond to the poll. Once we are comfortable knowing we have the bodies, I’ll make up a volunteer signup sheet and go from there.

There will be other things we need to work out, such as how to get half the booth down to Calgary (flats, backdrop) that we can discuss here, especially if anyone is able to help in that regard too. Not only a logistical challenge, but a costly one as well.

Throwing down as "Helping in another way" since I'll be at Summer Con that weekend but can send giveaway items and booth decorations if needed.

So I made a mistake and set the poll to be hidden.... So I don't know who has said what
If you could all help me out by posting here as well as voting I would greatly appreciate it.

What are the dates for Games Con?

I know it is a weekend and not sure I'll be able to book more time off so soon. At most, I'd be a possible, for just in day.

I had a look at the poll and it looks fine to me so I'm not sure if you fixed it already or if it just was misbehaving earlier and fixed itself. I added the date of June 23 - 25, 2023 to the thread title while I was in there.

I'm coming down for this, hopefully with costume in tow, but definitely for whatever else is needed, so I checked off all of the boxes. I'm not sure that helps give you an accurate picture of who will be there though. I believe as well that Mommabear will be there as will Rita to help out.

I had a look at the poll and it looks fine to me so I'm not sure if you fixed it already or if it just was misbehaving earlier and fixed itself. I added the date of June 23 - 25, 2023 to the thread title while I was in there.

I'm coming down for this, hopefully with costume in tow, but definitely for whatever else is needed, so I checked off all of the boxes. I'm not sure that helps give you an accurate picture of who will be there though. I believe as well that Mommabear will be there as will Rita to help out.
Thanks for adding the dates for me, I haven’t had reception this week,

You can probably see things I can’t. I can see numbers but not names of who voted what, but that’s okay for now. Just need numbers on this one then I’ll get a volunteer sheet up for names.

But this is looking good. I think I’ll start that sheet later tonight and I think we’re comfortable saying we can make the booth happen. Now the biggest problem is getting the flats and backdrop down to Calgary from Edmonton…

Side note… Thorcanine and Phaze you guys around and interested in joining in on this?

Confirmed to be back in town Saturday and Sunday, Friday is up in the air and depends on if we head back on Thursday or not

Current updates are 90% sure no tow capable vehicle in Edmonton available. I'm putting up a post asking if anyone can assist on FB, but we need to come up with something quick. That or we figure out an alternative. I'm also asking work if I can use a truck to tow a trailer but that is HIGHLY unlikely.

Master Guy will be reporting for duty

Attachments

• Chief-Truck_020.jpg
    Chief-Truck_020.jpg
    14.8 MB · Views: 80

Volunteer Sign Up Sheet

Please note that we are trying a different formation with variable rotation for cosplayers with designated break times in between shifts.

I think I got myself marked for Sunday and Saturday? I'm currently stuck on mobile and I'm pretty smooth brained.

Current updates are 90% sure no tow capable vehicle in Edmonton available. I'm putting up a post asking if anyone can assist on FB, but we need to come up with something quick. That or we figure out an alternative. I'm also asking work if I can use a truck to tow a trailer but that is HIGHLY unlikely.
let me try and win the trucks from stampede and ill help you tow what ever!

I'd offer to help tow but I'm going to be at comox as of the 20th ,my suggestion would be a home depot rental its like 90 bucks unlimited kms you just pay for fuel and wash

I'd offer to help tow but I'm going to be at comox as of the 20th ,my suggestion would be a home depot rental its like 90 bucks unlimited kms you just pay for fuel and wash
Wait Home depot will rent me a truck? Or is that a trailer?

Both truck and trailer they got a varied fleet so I guess they don't offer tow capable vehicles anymore so disregard my last sorry

Last edited:
Both truck and trailer they got a varied fleet so I guess they don't offer tow capable vehicles anymore so disregard my last sorry
They seem to have sprinter/cargo vans which is also valid. Gonna make some calls based of this and James' suggestion to budget and Home Depot.

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back