Garrus Vakarian COMPLETE!!!

Discussion in 'Non-Halo Costumes and Props' started by zigzwag, Jul 11, 2017.

1. zigzwag

zigzwag New Member

Hello all!

I guess it's been a while since I have posted on the 405th, I have been busy mind you, my current project for this year is Garrus Vakarian, in his ME3 armor.

This costume is primarily made from EVA foam, using Pepakura templates that I picked up from Alien Technology Studio - Unlimited.Creative

I have finally finished my Garrus Cosplay! And I have to say that I am super happy with the way that it turned out! Hal-Con went off without a hitch so much so in fact that I actually won the Masters division costume contest (Cosplay goal #1 now complete time to move onto new challenges XD)

Here is a picture of Garrus (in game model) on the left vs. my costume on the right!
    Garrus vs..jpg

I definitely think that the thing I am most proud of is the mask! it seems to be the thing that most people gravitate towards.
    [​IMG]
    The least comfortable part of this outfit had to be the shoes, digigrade stilts are NOT comfortable so much so that I am actually building Garrus feet 2.0 for use at NYCC next weekend! it was to the point that I gave up and just wore combat boots for one of the days lol
    u7neOpC.jpg

Anyways I have a few more pictures then that. If you have any questions I would love to try to be able to answer them if I can.

Please feel free to follow my progress on future projects on my 'pages'

www.facebook.com/ZigzwagProps
    www.instagram.com/zigzwagprops/

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  2. Hibson

Hibson

Mass Effect! Happy to see folks still building from the trilogy!

3. zigzwag

zigzwag New Member

Mass effect has always been something that I have wanted to build from, I am happy with how this is turning out so far :)

4. Hibson

Hibson

Fantastic!!! Mass Effect was my first love

5. Raddnwulf

Raddnwulf New Member

Badass!!! (y)

6. TPceebee

TPceebee New Member

Incredible! I've always wanted to build a Garrus costume. You make it look easy... Until I realise that my foam cutting skills aren't that neat xD

7. zigzwag

zigzwag New Member

Garrus now complete updated with new pictures :)

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  8. AsphyxiaOrange

AsphyxiaOrange New Member

Ive seen a few garrus cosplays floating around on different sites and the like and they definately don't hold a candle to this. You adapted the proportions extremely well ;w;

zigzwag likes this.