Gears Of War 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking up some info on Halo: Reach and came across this.

Epic right?

So my question is, What do you want improved in Gears 3? I really want them to keep the online play and story on a 50/50 level. And would it kill them to put in a theater? We also need better connections. I hated the 3 second bullet lag, chainsaw noobs and of course, THE 2-PIECEING. All that needs to be cut out. Thats just a bit of my wish list for Gears 3.

Whats on your Gears 3 wish list?

I want an alternate story arc where you get to play a locust. just sayin would be a cool look at the other side.

A theater with better camera controls (its almost pointless to be able to take picture in GOW 2). More interaction with civilians (goes for halo reach too). make insanity a little harder (beat that difficulty like normal in halo, wasn't to happy about that). fix the bugs with AI (i don't see how the AI can shoot through walls and i cant :p). i can has flashlight?. armor customization. fresh and new human characters (i did like the whole Carmine brother thing). maybe some abilities (im 50/50 on that). concentrate a little less on getting people to play for the gore and bring even more rich story and sense of involvement into play. maybe less gritty? i know, it would be very gritty and dirty in that world from this war but sometimes it gets taken to far. lets brave the wilds and stray a little further from phoenix (same could be said about halo and the chief lol).

list goes on lol. i thought gears of war was a great game (still comes third to ace combat and halo of course :p) never played the 2nd game online so i might be a little off on some bits.

ArmouredApostle said:
I want an alternate story arc where you get to play a locust. just sayin would be a cool look at the other side.

I saw a youtube vid on that. It was pretty epic(and completely fake).

ForgedReclaimer: Character customization would be the icing on the cake. But I highly doubt they would do it mostly cause more than half the characters dont wear helmets. That would force them to make new custom character models for the players.

Im not so fond of the abilities in the Gears universe but other than that I agree 100%. All in all, I really got tired of A.Is kicking my ass without even looking at me.

Last edited by a moderator:
llinformerll said:
I hope they dont just focus on the graphics like they did on the second.

Whats BFBC2?

Battle Field: Bad Company 2

In my opinion as long as Gears 3 actually has a great story line mixed with great graphics and characters, I'll buy it no questions asked.

I think i'd like for a boomerang chainsaw ability in online as a last resot when your empty, like being able to throw your lancer while revved at someone chopping they're head off or impaling them to a surface.And for more vehicle work in online and campaign.

But i'll buy it no matter what.

llinformerll said:
Im not so fond of the abilities in the Gears universe but other than that I agree 100%. All in all, I really got tired of A.Is kicking my ass without even looking at me.

i just threw that in there lol, although i have thought of it a few times gears just doesn't suit it.

something else that needs to be changed is the Boltak Pistol, that things is just too easy and powerful. i haven't played gears two online before but in AI matching its no competition. insane or normal its a win in the bag if i use that darn thing. i only use it as a completely last resort(or they get me angry lol) i haven't played with a weapon so unbalanced since the pistol in Halo CE. it works better than the Sniper in long range, it funny as heck.

Something I really wanted in GOW3 was some sort of massively open urban area with dozens of gears fighting thousands of locusts and maybe Reavers flying around and Brumacks smashing down buildings so you have to watch out for rubble. Snipers in windows, clearing rooms, etc. yet the most"open" environment was the first one which the entire time they STICK YOU on that Transport and dont let you get off!!!! I was very dissapointed....they promised more open levels and gave us bigger caves....

ForgedReclaimer said:
i just threw that in there lol, although i have thought of it a few times gears just doesn't suit it.

something else that needs to be changed is the Boltak Pistol, that things is just too easy and powerful. i haven't played gears two online before but in AI matching its no competition. insane or normal its a win in the bag if i use that darn thing. i only use it as a completely last resort(or they get me angry lol) i haven't played with a weapon so unbalanced since the pistol in Halo CE. it works better than the Sniper in long range, it funny as heck.

Actually most people that use the Boltak for headshots. Not many noobs use it. And to tell you the truth, I absolutly love the Halo CE pistol. It looks like they are bringing it back in Reach.

Jakelton117 said:
Something I really wanted in GOW3 was some sort of massively open urban area with dozens of gears fighting thousands of locusts and maybe Reavers flying around and Brumacks smashing down buildings so you have to watch out for rubble. Snipers in windows, clearing rooms, etc. yet the most"open" environment was the first one which the entire time they STICK YOU on that Transport and dont let you get off!!!! I was very dissapointed....they promised more open levels and gave us bigger caves....

Oh that would be epic. Or they have Horde go all the way up to like 2 or 3 Brumaks. I would love a Horde like that.

Mjolnir follower: Lol. Its like you read my mind. I was thinking of adding that in my comic Im making.

@llinfomerll

Yeah definitely add the chainsaw throwing thing in your comic and if i had read your mind this is how you would know:

I'd go Guru pitka style with the sezuristic crap and all.

llinformerll said:
Actually most people that use the Boltak for headshots. Not many noobs use it. And to tell you the truth, I absolutly love the Halo CE pistol. It looks like they are bringing it back in Reach.

i love that halo CE pistol too, but its still unbalanced :p.

llinformerll said:
I was looking up some info on Halo: Reach and came across this.

Epic right?

So my question is, What do you want improved in Gears 3? I really want them to keep the online play and story on a 50/50 level. And would it kill them to put in a theater? We also need better connections. I hated the 3 second bullet lag, chainsaw noobs and of course, THE 2-PIECEING. All that needs to be cut out. Thats just a bit of my wish list for Gears 3.

Whats on your Gears 3 wish list?

Better connections, FFS yes, too many times I got Mexican host's with crappy internet. The others are mostly you're fault for letting them get close to you, and you should really get over it. But I do hate teleporting it has in GOW2.

All I want back is the Black box that was in GOW1 pops up for everybody when someone doesn't have a good connection, and bringing back, one bullet will stun you if you have the chainsaw out also from GOW1.

OMFG! This inspired me to really get my comic back on track. That was pretty sick. Looks like Dom hasnt been taking care of himself since the first game.

llinformerll said:
Looks like Dom hasnt been taking care of himself since the first game.

I can see his world being quite dark and depressing in GoW3, considering what happened in GoW2.

DylanMarx said:
Does anyone know the song in it?

Edit: Never mind.

What song is it?

Knowing its much darker just makes me want it even more. Hopefully it feels like the first GOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back