Gears of War Cleaver build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanniba1istic

I was sitting around the other day and the sudden inspiration to build a Cleaver hit me, no idea why o.o Anywho, i had to draw the sketch for the cleaver, by staring at a computer screen and trying my best to get the measurements right.(at 1/6th scale of course). Ended up redrawing it like 5 times till i got it right, then i took my final drawing and measured it then adjusted the measurements to fit actual size. (about 36 inches).
SUNP0060.jpg

I dont have the foam or wood to do a full size version so i decided to make a smaller 24" version out of cardboard.
SUNP0058.jpg

The doodles on it are kinda sloppy, but this is just a prototype, the final full sized version will be either out of foam or wood. But it could be awhile cause i leave for the army in may, and i dont know if ill be able to get materials before then o.o

Got the blade cut out yesterday. Still need to make the handle and such, and i need to sand the edges of the blade, cause its a pain to cut curves in wood with my reciprocating saw. but anyways, heres the blade:

SUNP0059-1.jpg

heres the actual image of the cleaver in-game:
butchers-cleaver-3_528_poster.png

Sorry for the crap photo, im working on fixing my digital camera o.o

Noticed not much of anybody has been saying anything about this, the lack of interest is disheartening, but oh well.

finished out the handle and the guard. now just need to sand it up a bit and get it painted.
SUNP0059-2.jpg

Ive always thought that weapon looked too short for its width :p guess thats just because its just as much a hammer as a blade maybe
looks like a good start tho!

Don't be too disheartened! :D It's looking good so far. Granted, it's just the beginning, but it can only get better from here. :)

Ive always thought that weapon looked too short for its width :p guess thats just because its just as much a hammer as a blade maybe
looks like a good start tho!
I agree, but in actuality its about 5 feet long instead of my 3 foot long version. And there are a few inaccuracies i need to repair but thanks!

Don't be too disheartened! :D It's looking good so far. Granted, it's just the beginning, but it can only get better from here. :)
Thanks!

Have you been able to work on this a little more yet? I'm looking forward to seeing the end result one day! :D

Have you been able to work on this a little more yet? I'm looking forward to seeing the end result one day! :D

i refined the design a bit. I realized the hook on the end was very long so i fixed it up. and i gotta work and keeping the handle attached good. then all ill have to do is paint it. Also when im done, i think im gonna try to rig it so i can push a button so itll play a recording of the butcher saying "Hunger" like it does in the game.

anyways, heres the new end of the blade, still needs to be sanded a bit though.
SUNP0060.jpg

Would be fun to make one. I had a foam one. They don't last long. Get a rotary tool onto that blade to get some edges!!!

i need to get back to work on this lol i was in the army for a month, and when i came home i started a full time job 2 days later, so ive been super busy =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back