Gen 2 Mk.VI Foam Armor [Pic Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaledalt

Hey guys! It's me again. So its been about a year since my first torso and Ive decided to take another swing at it. Im going to document the process here fairly in depth for anyone wanting to copy. A huge thanks to angelegend for his videos on youtube, they were extremely helpful. As I'm only 14 my budget is quite limited but I still have a few hundred to spend on the suit. Without further ado here is what Ive done so far (About 2 days of work). Also note ive never painted before so tips are appreciated. And yes I do realize that my plasti-dip was quite rough and pooly done, Ill note that for future pieces in the suit.

Attachments

• IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 250
  • FullSizeRender[1].jpg
    FullSizeRender[1].jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 231
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_4016.JPG
    IMG_4016.JPG
    957.9 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_3977.JPG
    IMG_3977.JPG
    923.4 KB · Views: 226
FAQ:
================================
Q: What paint did you use?
A: It is all acrylic, mixed and applied by hand. Colors used are Folk Art 671 Metallic Peridot (Main green), Liquitex 2002-236 Iridescent silver (Weathering), Scribbles SC 139 Shiny Black (Dark detail) , and Delta Coatings Charcoal Gris Anthracite Opaque (Mixed with the green to create the same green seen in Halo 3). Primer was Rust-Oleum 7737 Spruce Green (This one WAS a spray type paint)

Q: Where do you get your foam?
A: My large squares that make up the main structure is purchased from Lowes, and it costs 20$ for 4 pieces. My thin foam is purchased from Hobby Lobby and is 7.99 for an 8 pack.

Q: How long did this take you?
A: 2 days and counting.

Note: This will be updated as more questions are received. PM me if you have a question you believe should be on this list. Thanks!

Waaa?!?!? Two days and you made that masterpiece, I am.. just wow dude, that is beautiful. Two days of work I couldn't even build some of my parts, let alone seal and paint them. Really like what you did with the acrylic paint, acrylic always looks so much better than spray. Only issue I can see from going your route is copying the paint over to your future parts.

But wow that chest piece looks real.

Thank you very much. I saw your most recent build and you have really clean foam work. And yea with the paint thing i mixed by weight so I can hopefully replicate it with at least some degree of accuracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Waaa?!?!? Two days and you made that masterpiece, I am.. just wow dude, that is beautiful. Two days of work I couldn't even build some of my parts, let alone seal and paint them. Really like what you did with the acrylic paint, acrylic always looks so much better than spray. Only issue I can see from going your route is copying the paint over to your future parts.

But wow that chest piece looks real.
Thank you very much. I saw your most recent build and you have really clean foam work. And yea with the paint thing i mixed by weight so I can hopefully replicate it with at least some degree of accuracy.

UPDATE 1 (12/22/2016):
========================
Today I darkwashed the body and did some small details in silver flake. Starting on the back tomorrow, but its finally starting to look like real metal so thats a plus :)

IMG_0089.JPGIMG_0090.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back