GenCon (Indianapolis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPOC

Hello, My name is Josh (aka SPOC). I decided to join here at 405th because I work in downtown Indianapolis and I'm always looking forward to GenCon and all of the creative costumes. I've never actually been to the convention but I like to "people-watch".

Today I was near where the convention is held and was headed down an escalator when I looked up and saw someone dressed from head to toe in Halo gear. Being a huge halo fan, I got extremely excited. By the time I got to the bottom of the escalator and back up, he/she was gone. I made it my mission to hunt this person down and get a picture. A parking garage and 2 catwalks later I was able to snag a picture of this person.

When I got back to work I got on the computer and did a little research and ran into 405th. I'm amazed by what you guys do here.

Below is a picture of the armor I saw at GenCon. Please let me know if you recognize this person of it's even someone associated with 405th.

141355647.jpg

Thanks!

That is Rvb18
He is a great guy... hope he sees this!

And welcome to the 405th Josh!!

Also... If you want I can guide you onto making your own halo armor!

I hope he does too. He was a good sport and let me get the picture. I know I would enjoy the attention but I'm sure it gets a little out of hand sometimes.

Yes it does... well, hope you like the 405th and see you on the other side soldier! (little joke I have... we are all soldiers on the 405th!)

Well I just located his twitter account so If he doesn't see this topic, he'll at least see my tweet. Thanks fore helping me figure out who I was admiring. =P

P8070144.jpg

P8070143.jpg

P8070142.jpg

P8060127.jpg

P8060126.jpg

got interviewed by the live stream guys!
P8070137.jpg

P8070134.jpg

P8060132.jpg

P8060117.jpg

P8060118.jpg

P8060115.jpg

P8070133.jpg

and won staff favorite in the costume contest
P8070140.jpg

the ribbon is from the hall contest and the bat metal is the staff favorite

Hey! You were at Gencon with a prop gun, so you could answer my question for next year.

I'm planning to have a Grav-Gun and some prop weapons for my Freeman suit, but from the letter of the rules I can't tell if I will be allowed to use them. The weapons will be solid with no moving parts, properly marked with neon orange tips for the guns, and the crowbar is soft foam. Do you think they would pass, or is looking TOO real not allowed?

should pass, and on Saturday they don't give a damn, thats why i brought it one day and not the day before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back