General Question: Do Halo Spartans Ever get Out of Shape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneLegionary

Jr Member
This isn't a very important question but it came to mind and now I want to know your opinions and/or the real answer.
If there is an actual answer please let me know and if there isn't feel free to discuss.
I would post this in the Halo Discussions section but I don't have permission to do so yet so I'm posting it here. Again not a very relevant question but in my opinion an interesting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say they potentially could. Its hard to know how far they would be able to go but if you look at todays mediocre real life examples you are talking about things that enhances the bodies ability to increase strength, agility, etc by things like accelerated muscle growth and such, but it still requires exersize and training. The enhancers simply increase how quickly the body improves and how far you can push yourself. A tour de france cyclist on dope still needs to train his/her body, they just get further then someone not using enhancers. Genetic enhancement may decrease the need to keep training your body as much but I'd still say if Mr Spartan hung behind the TV all day long for days eating junk food, he'd increase his size in unintended ways.

Also on a personal note I don't want it any other way else I'll never have a viable excuse to wear a suit, I'd be that forlorn Spartan :)

I believe the answer is yes. Look at the episodes for the halo nightfall, on the halo channel on Xbox live or youtubes. I won't spoil it but your answer is in there I believe. Judge for yourself.

I don't quite see how or why a Spartan on active duty would get out of shape. To say that, I'm not sure why a Spartan placed in the reserve lines would get out of shape either - they're all trained to maintain their fitness.

I too think they could potentially get out of shape however we never see a fitness regime for the Spartans mentioned in the halo universe. It might be that 343i hasn't thought that deeply into the lives of Spartans or they might be telling us they might not really need it. Although this is controversial, I would compare them to captain America in a way as the process they underwent to become super soldiers. And as we see in the start of the Avengers movie cap still needs to work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

less see I'd say no because the girl that tested johns mark vi armor was retired and had kids... how I don't know, because the lore said they couldn't and yet she did, plus if she wasn't on the front lines and was just a day to day mom then see was really out of shape and still took down some where around six odst in a testing area that's from dropping from space to having a shoot out.

I'd say even an out of shape, pudgy spartan could whip some ODSTs. (No offense to the Helljumpers.) Once you're THAT shaped up...I imagine it's a lot easier to gain pudge, than loose that muscle. Especially with their augments, they have musculature augments...not fat-blasting augments.
As for Spartans that would have a chance... I'd say any non-frontline Spartan. Fahajad, for example. Maybe he got a little excited about being able to eat whatever when he was transfered to Intelligence?

As far as from a cosplay standpoint... I myself am on the more pot-bellied side. (I'm about 6'4, 400 lbs) If you want to cosplay something...go for it. The most important thing is if you're having fun. :D

( You could argue that Fahajad doesn't count, given the fact that he 'washed out' of the Spartan Program when the augmentation crippled him. I say it does count, he went through Spartan training, and the augmentation. Sarah Osman is another example.)

plus all the others that may have been at earth during all that, because why put them near the front when they can plan out ahead of time. plus I hope Osman gets gut checked by the chief... because well she asking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back