Gentleman... BLU Spy. %100 completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaninja

NOTE: I just copied my posts from my thread from soaring hammer so I could show it here. enjoy :p.
I will also update this along with the my thread on Soaring Hammer.

I decided to make a BLU spy costume for GMX (geek media expo). I just finished making fake cigarettes for the spytron 3000 (disguise kit)... TO THE PICTURES WE GO!!!

blu_spy_cigarettes_by_seaninja951-d40b82t.jpg

blu_spy_cigarettes_wip_2_by_seaninja951-d40be7s.jpg

blu_spy_cigarette_wip_3_by_seaninja951-d40bh5p.jpg

gentelmen____by_seaninja951-d40d6v8.jpg

I know they look too small for real ones, but seeing as I do not smoke, I did not have any real reference to size The next thing I have to work on is the actual spytron 3000 to put the cigarettes in and the balisong. the balisong shouldn't be too hard since I already have one to use as reference.

More updates coming as they happen.

Update

I Figured since I am going to cosplay as the spy, I will need some masks. so here they are. I found the creeper and Geoff masks from a Google image search for spy mask. Then I modified the creeper and put the cake on it. I guess I should probably put the Geoff design on the modified creeper so that they would all be the same... oh well. I'll do that later

spy_masks____and_a_geoff_mask_by_seaninja951-d40meuf.jpg

and if you couldn't tell, Yes. I am doing all of the easy stuff first. It doesn't make much sense, but that's how I roll...plus this is all I can do at the moment...

Quick update.

I remade the cigarettes to fit a cigarette case that I am going to use for the spytron 3000... now to buy a cigarette case...

Last edited by a moderator:
How are you going to do the largely oversized butterfly knife, because I want to see someone make one of those :D

I'm probably going to make templates of the butterfly knife that I already have and build from that.

Quick little update:

If all goes to plan, I should be able to start on the spytron 3000 today.
For those who do not know what in the hamfat a spytron 3000 is,
PDA_disguise.png

I hope you found this enlightening.

sorry for the lack of updates guys. I am having trouble making the templates for the balisong, and I am waiting on some cash so I can buy a cigarette case for the spytron 3000. And on top of everything else, I have to help make a portal gun for my sister... and by help build it I mean I will end up having to build the portal gun while my sister watches... The good news is that I have the invisi-watch. I'm using my pocket watch so that I can be a dead ringer spy (MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAaaaaaaa). Hopefully the next time you people read this, I will have my spytron 3000 finished.
Till next time.

-Sean

Triple posting FTW...UPDATE TIME!!!

Well I have some good news and some bad news.
The good news is that I got a cigarette case today...
the bad news is that I was not aware of the purchase and I have to take it back. It is a really nice looking case, but it opens the wrong way and it is just too expensive for me to rip half of the inside out of. Oh well. The search continues.

I was looking at this one here
http://www.amazon.com/Ribbed-Cigare...UTF8&coliid=I3E0DXHH29V8MG&colid=5HP43FELTJUV
I really do not want to pay more than $10 for something that I'm going to rip one side out of.
Hopefully I will have an update by next week

I finally got the right cigarette case today... WOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!! Anyways, here is what I have so far for the spytron 3000...

spytron_3000_by_seaninja951-d42szwx.jpg

spytron_3000_wip_1_by_seaninja951-d42szcn.jpg

mini_munny_in_the_box__by_seaninja951-d42t2me.jpg

... he wanted to be in the picture.... so I said ok...

I originally planned to use my IPhone as the screen, but it wont fit. I also planned to use real buttons, but it is the same case as before... since the right panel is real wood, I might stain it and paint the details on it.

I still have a little work to do on it, but it will be worth it.
this is all for now.
- the Spy Crab Sean

I decided to take on a little side project while I wait for funds to continue work on my spy cosplay. I found this old toolbox at a yard sale that my Grandpa was having. When I found it, it was love at first sight... sort of...
I plan on sanding the thing inside and out, restoring the original BLUE paint, adding a "24" and a Mann Co label to it, and clear coating the living crap out of the thing.
The picture above does not do this toolbox any justice. This thing is a beautifully made beast of a toolbox. Normally I'm not into this kind of thing, but the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this was, "SENTRY GO'EN UP", and , "ERECT'EN A DISPENSER".

engineer_toolbox_side_project_by_seaninja951-d47an5p.jpg

I got the magnum painted and cosplay ready!

the_spy__s_revolver_by_seaninja951-d4886ho.jpg

It actually has a pearl look to it, but I'm happy with it.

Now all that's left is to get a balisong trainer and make a blue suit and mask.

I actually have a new update!
I found a blue suit!

blu_spy_cosplay_update_by_seaninja951-d4vt850.jpg

All I need now are the correct gloves, a con friendly knife and a hood/mask/thing. I hope to have this done by omgcon and anime blues con

Quick update.
I just got the fabric for the hood yesterday and I might be making it today. I'll update again when I have this done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back