George Lucas retires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's to hoping right? Its about time he stepped down. Even though he screwed up with the blue ray releases of star wars and Indie 4, we would haven't have either of those series without him.

It's the adam sandler rule. When they start going crazy about having kids, they go downhill.

Adam sandler made some funny (for my generation at least) movies, and once he started having kids we see Bedtime Stories, Grown Ups, and Jack and Jill, all bombs.

A New Hope and Empire were both made before Lucas had kids. After he adopted his first kid we started seeing Ewoks beating the empire, Jar Jar, and re-edit after re-edit all in the name of making it more "kid friendly" (the reason he made greedo shoot first was so that Han wouldn't seem so mean, he's just defending himself now)

Can we now have Battlefront 3 please?

Probably not, we'll probably get The Force Unleashed 3 first. lol... This time with only a three hour campaign. XD

I am glad Lucas is retiring, though unfortunately he left himself open just in case they do an Indy V. :mad:

Does this mean someone smart at Lucasfilms can finally release the original theatrical version of Star Wars? (Without the CGI crap?)

Does this mean someone smart at Lucasfilms can finally release the original theatrical version of Star Wars? (Without the CGI crap?)
I have the vhs release. It looks like this
41u4s4F3NAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
mine is in better condition though. I believe this is the second release (before the "Digitally Mastered"/Closed Captioning edition) There's no date except the copyright 1977. I wish my vcr was in good enough condition that I was brave enough to pop it in to watch. I would hate to hear the crinkling noise of videotape being devoured by a vcr. My dad has it on beta, but the beta player ate Spaceballs, so I'm not touching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back