Get Together At Dave/ithicas In Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.
woo. Just bought my ticket! My sister was kind enough to help pay for 1/2 the cost since I'm having some spending-income issues.

My itinerary is to arrive in Austin TX (AUS) on Fri, Aug 21, 01:41 PM

Depart for back home on Sun, Aug 23, 07:45 PM from AUS.

If anyone thinks they'll be passing by around that time and can provide a lift to/from the airport, I'd much appreciate it and would be willing to chip in for gas and more. Currently my plan is to arrange for a shuttle or bus.

If any of the local folks know a good bus route though, I'd appreciate that also. :) It looks like there'd be a lot of transfers involved so I haven't gotten around to figuring it out.

Gah, darn airlines these days...$15 to check one bag. I don't know how much stuff I can bring in a carryon, but I'll be glad just to meet people in person, get to see some of the props and the tools that make them up close, and get some advice and such.

Was anyone else besides Tim planning to bring any molds? I'm just wondering because if there's something specific I'd really like the opportunity to get, I'd have to arrange for checked baggage. Unless I want to bring just 3oz of plastic in my carryon, which might be enough to mold a button or something. =P

Maybe frontier airlines will wave the bag fee if I show my military ID...I heard they have that policy. We'll see. It's easier to fly without checked bags anyhow, but like I said, if there's some molds there...might be nice to bring some plastic along. I haven't actually gotten to molding anything yet, and this would be a nice time to try, with people to stop me before I do accidently something incredibly silly and screwed up. =P

you should PM Ithica and look into ordering some to his house and just mail them back to you so you dont have to bring plastic on board. since you cant bring liquids anymore i think plastics will be out of the question. they also react to change in presser and temp so you might end up with a lump of plastic when you get off.

Just a thought,

Savvy, out

My brother and I will try to be there friday, and if luck will allow it, Saturday. I need sunday to move into my appt near school. We start school on that monday, so that is a no. lol

SavvyTank said:
you should PM Ithica and look into ordering some to his house and just mail them back to you so you dont have to bring plastic on board. since you cant bring liquids anymore i think plastics will be out of the question. they also react to change in presser and temp so you might end up with a lump of plastic when you get off.

Just a thought,

Savvy, out

Thanks for the idea. I think you just saved me from discovering a giant hunk of useless (..and expensive) plastic in my luggage. >.0

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, i apologize now for this but id like to have atleast a minute of bragging time... *deep breath*... I LIVE IN THE SAME NEIGHBORHOOD AS DAVE!!! ok now im done... now more bragging, ever. but i have a few concerns, while i do believe im free, id be one of the youngest members attending (only just got a permit) and i need to talk it over with the rents... aaaaand i forgot everything else i was going to say, i think its too early... whatever you know my main concern

ok, i apologize now for this but id like to have atleast a minute of bragging time... *deep breath*... I LIVE IN THE SAME NEIGHBORHOOD AS DAVE!!! ok now im done... now more bragging, ever. but i have a few concerns, while i do believe im free, id be one of the youngest members attending (only just got a permit) and i need to talk it over with the rents... aaaaand i forgot everything else i was going to say, i think its too early... whatever you know my main concern

Lucky :pBut don't worry man, I'm only a bit older than you. Hopefully we can maintain a family friendly atmosphere in our get-togethers as well as on our forums. I also need to pm dave to get his address. Need to know how to get there :D

Does anybody know if there will be anyone else there that's kind enough to share their molds? :unsure I'm trying to decide how much casting resin I need to buy. @Tim Do you think a gallon kit of SmoothCast 320 will be enough to make a cast of your chest piece?

As I just live around 3 hours away I will be trying my best to come up for a day or so, get the wife out of the house and maybe have the little wolf ( 13 yr old son ) with me also. Would love to bring my helm concept and get some ideas thrown at me :)

So when you get time let me know the location so I can TOM TOM it your way :)

Wolf Out

HeavyGunner said:
Lucky :pBut don't worry man, I'm only a bit older than you. Hopefully we can maintain a family friendly atmosphere in our get-togethers as well as on our forums. I also need to pm dave to get his address. Need to know how to get there :D

Does anybody know if there will be anyone else there that's kind enough to share their molds? :unsure I'm trying to decide how much casting resin I need to buy. @Tim Do you think a gallon kit of SmoothCast 320 will be enough to make a cast of your chest piece?

yes a gallon will do it but that's all you might get out of it lol

Heyso, I actually think I can make it for the whole time, Dave. I was thinking the wrong dates for when university starts back up.

Is there room for tent-pitching available? Unless anyone wants to split a hotel.

Actually, I may wait before saying I can go 100% until after GenCon, I need to figure out what sort of money I even have left. Hah.

Edit: Btw, since nobody's called it, if you need a lift to/from, Trooper, I could prolly do it.

I am sorry Trooper. I will be working but my wife and Timecon are wanting to pick you up from the airport. She told me to tell you and I forgot. Yes there is plenty of tent room....lol. Bring pillows, blankets or sleeping bgas..lool.

Ithica

damn i wish i live in texas right about now , iam all the way out in Rhose Island. but if you guys hav one next year after june count me in. :D id gladly come down an see ur master pieces. iam goin to start making my own armor soon. iam glad to have joined this community.

We have people coming from Utah and California this time and had people from Illinois and Indiana last time so out of states is more than welcome.

Drakku you can ride with them or you can come to work with me.....hhhhmmm..lol.

Ithica

yes a gallon will do it but that's all you might get out of it lol

:eek Ahhh man. I don't know if I can afford to buy any more than that. Looks like I might just have to buy a set of shins from you Tim. :rolleyes My cash in just flying out the window. :lol

Ithica said:
I am sorry Trooper. I will be working but my wife and Timecon are wanting to pick you up from the airport. She told me to tell you and I forgot. Yes there is plenty of tent room....lol. Bring pillows, blankets or sleeping bgas..lool.

Ithica

Roger that. Thanks!

You have my contact info, so go ahead and distribute it as needed. :)

Alright, I came across a small issue that could be resolved... My van that I was going to drive down has suddenly started to overheat, with that said I will offer this. I will put forth gas money if anyone in the Dallas/Denton area would be willing to come by and pick me up. I live right on the border of the Dallas Denton county line and I should have a nice amount of cash if it acquires it!

If not then I am sure that I could find a way, but just figured car pooling would be simpler and help two people instead.

Cheers!!!

Chris Gold

Chris Gold said:
... if anyone in the Dallas/Denton area would be willing to come by and pick me up.

*trumpet bugle*

You can ride with me if you want, I live up in Denton, so you's on the way.

Not sure how many people I have coming with me, though, the bro-in-law salival462 will prolly want to come. And I keep trying to get my other costuming friend to come with me! But soon we shall ensnare her.. sooon..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back