Gettin There

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sl0Py0

20161006_042521_resized.jpg20161006_042458_resized.jpg20161006_042638_resized.jpg Let me know what you guys think, but now i know what needs to be done for future suits. Time for weathering.
("I NEED A WEAPON!")

did you use bondo as a filler? I've been wondering about this aspect of the builds, I'm kinda lost at this point myself... how do you make the seams look so good?

You've got some smoothing out to do and adding of little details but aside from that your armour is golden. Can't wait to see this at a con

Looking good! It definitely takes a lot of time and patience to make sure every bit is filled in and smoothed out so just stick with it!

did you use bondo as a filler? I've been wondering about this aspect of the builds, I'm kinda lost at this point myself... how do you make the seams look so good?

Yea i am using bodo resin, and bondo body filler. When the bondo resin dries with at least two to three coats i will sand for less use of the bondo filler. i use the bondo filler on the parts that seem easy to bend or break or for the uneven surfaces. Inside of these areas im also putting fiber glass it does make a big difference. the folds with the cardstock i've notice really do make a big difference when building the pepakura design. im still kinda fresh to these methods but as i go on i adapt. this is definitely a trail and error process.

Pretty good mold, could just use a more rigid edges. It's too smooth in a lot of places.

yea i feel ya, i just used one of the easy chest files from RobotChicken. but definitely gonna work on a harder suit next time.

- - - Updated - - -

You've got some smoothing out to do and adding of little details but aside from that your armour is golden. Can't wait to see this at a con

Thank you and i have most of that done now, just need to finish the cod, and shins.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking good! It definitely takes a lot of time and patience to make sure every bit is filled in and smoothed out so just stick with it!

Cool thank you and i will, foe sho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back